Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

Valentino Rossi struggled to hide his disappointment after he slipped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place on the timesheets at the conclusion of the second Sepang MotoGP test in Malaysia today. The Italian ended the rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.01.550 that left him 1.077s adrift of red-hot 2012 title favourite Casey Stoner. Although Rossi reduced the gap between...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

Rossi

I think what we are witnessing is the sad demise of the greatest of all time (?). A classic example of someone who should have retired when on top. Or, maybe a move to WSBK would have been a wise move where more world titles could have been added to an already mightily impressive tally. The others (or some of them) have caught and passed the GOAT (?) now and it's a bit sad really. Whilst he has got really good at trying to solve problems he's got less good at winning races.

Reply to this Topic
motoxmad80

Aug 09

motoxmad80 says:

VR better days?

I think it is a very sad sight to see when THE greatest rider of our generation is slipping away like this, but I would pay very good money to either have rossi in wsb or see what he could do on a rcv? that would be a good viewing to end a huge career

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Someone please give him a Honda so it can be proved he can do fuck all on that aswell. The GP12 is suppose to be 'developed' by Rossi, correct? So why is it looking like another dismal season for the Bologna crew? The only thing Valentino is good at developing is excuses. Just kidding, he's not even good at that.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

elbowz - can we at least get the 2012 season underway before speculating about rider line-ups in 2013?  a lot can happen in the next 9 months .... other than the fact that BS will not be WC.

in Ducati's favour is the issue about tyre and fuel management .... maybe the others will have to ride so slowly that Rossi et al will be able to keep up .....

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

winning

''Rossi hasn't suddenly become a crap rider overnight'' This has been said way too much over the last year. I mean, he wasn't winning just yesterday, was he? ' This is true, he wasnt winning yesterday, or last season. In fact he hasnt won since he was on a bike that was capable of winning in the hands of anyone except Casey Stoner - i.e since he moved to ducati. The last race he won by my reckoning was in Sepang in 2010, this was AFTER he had his leg break so the argument that the leg break was some kind of anti-winning injury doesnt work. It also means he is capable of winning at the track on the right machine. Rossi's Sepang record is actually pretty impressive with plenty of wins, so its not like he cant go fast at Sepang himself so maybe its something else... The last race Ducati won was in Valencia 2010 I think ( or similar late in that season) i.e the last time they won was when they had Casey Stoner... Its not that Rossi got on the bike and now its sh*te, it was sh*te before that !!! NO other Ducati rider since has even got a sniff of a win, and why?? Because the bike is not up to it. Casey Stoner is up to winning no matter what he gets on its seems, and most likely because he can push things to the limit and probably beyond and so far gotten away with it very well. He made the difference to that bike and the stubborn internal politics and Ego's at Ducati meant the bike has suffered from little development since its incarnation up till well, the last season and this pre season - no wonder they are behind !! I believe Casey when he said at Ducati he pretty much ended the season with little or no development since the start of it. Ducati have a bitter pill to swallow now and they are finally getting some development done, but they have a long road ahead (it wouldnt have killed them to change the look of the fairings on the pig either this year...) Rossi's still one of the best out there, on the right machine on any day he is a contender. If he hadnt gone to Ducati then they would still not be doing any development, and they would still be dining out on the fact that once back in the day, they had a rider that could win on their bike. I try normally to stay out of the whole Rossi/Stoner handbag swinging on this site but man is it ever boring reading the usual comments from the usual pack and seeing the same names just slagging off any article that contains either of the two names in !!!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

A quote from Casey

Here's a quote from Casey Stoner about next season he gave after the latest test - A few of his 'fans' on here probably should take note what their idol thinks about where Rossi would be on a better bike - ******** 'I think if Valentino was on a bike he is comfortable with he'd be running at the front as well, so hopefully they can make some improvements. *******

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

elbowz - can we at least get the 2012 season underway before speculating about rider line-ups in 2013?  a lot can happen in the next 9 months .... other than the fact that BS will not be WC.

Very true lets get through 2012 as for you saying BS will not be WC be careful what you say buddy.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think RR46

Stoner was probably referring to WSS, Italian SBK or the annual Tavullia moped mahem event.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Most riders on the grid would be in better positions if they had  more competitive bikes . Rossi was employed for his development skills and rider abilities. Ducati, Rossi , JB and all the worshippers have abused Stoner saying he can't ride and develop a bike well when you put yourself on a pedastal and degrade other people achievements shut up and take your dam medicine

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

?

Even when it comes straight from the mouth of the other racers you usual suspects cant accept it, is your hatred of Rossi that strong that you views are just completely blinkered and not open to the possibility that maybe it is the bike and not the rider???? I guess 9 world titles and the second highest number of wins in just the 800 class alone is not enough to justify the adoration and appreciation of skills Valentino has from his fans and even his non fans who are at least prepared to gracefully accept he can still be a formidable force.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices