Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

Valentino Rossi struggled to hide his disappointment after he slipped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place on the timesheets at the conclusion of the second Sepang MotoGP test in Malaysia today. The Italian ended the rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.01.550 that left him 1.077s adrift of red-hot 2012 title favourite Casey Stoner. Although Rossi reduced the gap between...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh Buelli

Don't get all hurt just because I've got an opinion. You should try and find your own one day. It would make a pleasant change to your standard 'a little birdie told me Nostro's talking crap'.

I can't help that you naively sit there with your fingers in your ears and your hands over your eyes. Although a gymp ball in your mouth would complete the troika nicely so we didn't have to listen to your your tedious repetitive moaning.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Bulto - Ducati reverted back a frame concept away from the CF version but that is not creating a new bike. There are many bits of the old bike still being used on the GP12 and it could be any number of those combinations of component parts that could be creating the bikes issues.  Truth is no one seems to have a clue where to look to get the bike more competitive, but what is clear there are things on the bike that just don’t work together. It’s just a fact and that’s why I said the bike is flawed – it is extremely inconsistent and even the engineers who work on can’t understand why the changes aren’t making the differences they expect. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

My take......

Jack .......The problem with the Ducati CF frame was the issue of flex; as at 60 degrees the suspensions does not work properly and requires the chassis to flex to make up for this. The problem was that as Ducati were the first to develop carbon fibre, they had no idea how much the ideal flex would be for the frame; this coupled with the radical design of the monocoque frame slowed the design further.

Nostro.......To say Ducati had no idea about the amount of flex required at a 60 degree lean angle is doing some very clever qualified engineers a bit of a disservice do you not think?

I agree with 'Nostro' on this point. I'd be amazed if Ducati took on this challenge without knowing the physical properties of CF and how to utilise it. Jack makes a bold statement regarding what is now an everyday material.  

As for the current performance of the 'ally' Duke, not alot of change is there. So maybe the CF was never the problem? Maybe it goes deeper.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

There are so souls with intellect, and further, with something to say, and then there are the Taffies . . .

Heard on a recent BBC sport report:     "Meanwhile, back at Cardirff Arms Park, the sell out home crowd are vociferous in their appreciation as the Welsh team take to the field  --   "Baa, Baa and BaBaa . . . "

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

hey Bill

Did you know taf stands for thick as f@ck!!

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Benjamin, just why do you insist on calling me "Mate?".

I am not your yew.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

................and 'buell' ryhmes with 'stool'.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

far from hurt nostro!

Just because I dont agree with your biased opinions you now tell me that I am a moaner.
Tell me when have I moaned about anything other than the the worlds best motorcycle racers being given no respect by people like yourself!

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

pc its Buelligan

so it does not rhyme!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

But you answer to 'Buell'?

Reply to this Topic