Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi deflated after Sepang test

Valentino Rossi struggled to hide his disappointment after he slipped to a bitterly disappointing 10th place on the timesheets at the conclusion of the second Sepang MotoGP test in Malaysia today. The Italian ended the rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.01.550 that left him 1.077s adrift of red-hot 2012 title favourite Casey Stoner. Although Rossi reduced the gap between...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 16:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

IS DORNA Failing?

You bring up a good point bulto. Did the Dorna rules restrict Ducati from getting the carbon fibre frame from being competitive? Even though 2007 Stoner was unbeatable they had Bridgestone developing a tire specifically for the Ducati . once the same tyre rule came in the Ducati did seem to go backwards as they were unable to design a tyre to suit there bike. Then comes the big question Does Dorna's price cutting rules actually cost the manufacturers a shit load ? Maybe if manufacturers were able to get there tyres built to suit there bike Ducati may not have  dump ed there CF project and Suzuki and Kawasaski may still be in the championship

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

suppose so but

whats your point exactly?
I feel fine bh...do u feel better now after that intelligent statement?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

see ya

bye bye sad man!

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

A One Off

I've noticed some forum  members are coming across as being both tipsy and, pertaining to the "Welsh Contingent", abusive to fellow forum members, who are clearly their betters.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

IronKlad asked a question

a mile or so deeper than the dross below.

An unequivocal no would be my answer to that question. Anything that further dilutes the direct injection of feeling to a riders hands, arse and feet is a bad thing. This has been the perennial problem of 'funny front ends' like the Tesi and Britten. Too many linkages, too remote a feel.

Over and above which it sounds like you're contemplating putting a dirty great big hinge in the middle of the thing. The Japanese tried that in the seventies and eighties. It didn't work.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Billy Boy Bob

You are going to read this tonight, but also on the morrow, and only then, will you, the Taff extrodinaire, really know as to the drunken drivel that you post online.

We all know that you have a wife, or should I say 'Ewe' in the case of yourself,  you told us all, for whatever reason, thtat your wife, like Casey et al, chattered. Living in close proximity to yourself I too can understand Bessey's maladie.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

IronKlad asked a question

I thought he was taking the p-ss tbh.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

@99

ok, I can see from your last comment (lost far below in the dross) and the way you are thinking, why you said what you did in the first. But I'm still lost as to why you think it isn't a new bike. According to Ducati themselves, it is 90% new from the GP11 variants (I think the forks are part of the 10% that isn't, no-one seems to know whether they still have the sam 90 degree V engine or a new narrower version)

It's all new, there's virtually nothing of the CF bike left in there.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Jesus Benny talk about shuttin someone down but that was just down right rude.

Put the toys back in the cot and take some deep breaths

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

@Jack

I respect that studying Motorcycle Engineering at university and your research with CF gives you far greater insight into the theories of chassis design than I will ever have. But there is no chance to ever prove those theories unless a bike is built to the same design as the GP11 and someone with the ability of Stoner and co hammer it round a track. Parts that work on the drawing board or test rig don't always give the same success on the track.

I'm not denouncing what you're doing but I can't see how you can ever arrive at a conclusion without the feedback from a rider who has ridden the bike?

Preziosi remains unconvinced that his actual design is flawed and as has been said by others, I get the feeling he is just biding his time until he is allowed to pick up his project and continue where he left off. The current predicament seems to bear him out. Early days obviously and I wouldn't have read too much into any of the times at the end of the the Sepang 2 test, but Rossi's comments give cause for concern that they are lost. I don't believe in sanbagging as it serves no purpose.

If I was Preziosi, I'd have wheeled out the GP11 with the 2012 spec tyres and run it back to back with the latest GP12 with Checa on them both - just out of curiosity. Checa has no personal interest or agenda and his own opinion was that the chassis wasn't to blame.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices