Ask an Expert lidl flip helmet review Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > lidl flip helmet review

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

wysiwyg

Apr 11

wysiwyg says:

lidl flip helmet review

Ok on inspection of the lid it looks ok it comes with a spare visor a drop down sunshield and neck napes which you can attach to the base of the lid to keep your neck comfy.

I used the lid for the first time today and as it was my first flip i found it handy not having to take it off at petrol stations etc. The drop down sunvisor was handy but it was a bit of a fiddle trying to locate the catch with gloves on. No doubt in time you will be able to go to it every time.

Now for the cons, OMG it is so noisy, sub 40mph just liveable but above that for any longer than a few minutes you need ear plugs. At 70mph with earplugs the noise was still intrusive to the point of it being very tiring over a longer period of time say 1 hour. I comes with acustic pads that you can place in the helmet but all that seems to do is to squash your ears to the point of them hurting and do nothing for the noise.

The visor do not seem to seal at the corners so i expect rain to come down there inside bluring your side vision. not good when doing life savers.

From a noise point of view it is only good for 50cc scooters.

To be honost i think i am going to try and take it back for a refund.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 March 2012 17:09)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices