Skip to content

Discuss This Bimota DB9 Brivido first ride: 'One of my top bikes of 2012' First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Bimota DB9 Brivido first ride: 'One of my top bikes of 2012'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Bimota DB9 Brivido first ride: 'One of my top bikes of 2012'

We had to twist Bimota's arm really hard to let us ride their new DB9 Brivido. After a few months of emails and phone calls trying to set up this test, we decided to bite the bullet and literally turn up on the doorstep of their factory in Rimini, Italy. I’m honoured. No one outside of Bimota’s small test team has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 09:29)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wow!

Bimota definitely make some tasty looking bikes.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Looks awesome!

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

interesting

Looks great, probably sounds delicious too ! And proof it would seem that you dont always have to saturate something in electronics and gadgetry to produce an involving fun experience !!! Something perhaps for the moto gp rule makers to think of when deciding those regs soon....

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Not bad at all

I usually don't care for their re-packaged Ducati engines.  But this appeals to me.  But I have to ask:

How in the hell do you remove the radial mounted caliper from that rim mounted disc?  You can't just remove the caliper bolts and pull the caliper away from the disc.  The brake mount won't let you pull it to the inside and the disc prevents you from pulling in the other direction.  Do you have to remove the wheel?  Whose bright idea was that?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Cross a Diavel with a Buell and a I think a dash of KTM and look what you end up with..........  hmmmmmm

Still think if I was to shell out for a Bimota it would have to be the DB7

Reply to this Topic
Triplefun

Jan 12

Triplefun says:

@ X2Glider

"How in the hell do you remove the radial mounted caliper from that rim mounted disc?"

Remove caliper bolts. Slide caliper round the disc anti-clockwise beyond the mount points. Caliper slides off disc to the inside. Looks like it would work?

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Triplefun

You got it, I believe.  I didn't pay attention to the hose length or sliding it around.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Bimota's look great, shame they are so expensive/exclusive.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices