Skip to content

Discuss This 'Think Bike' campaign launched General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 'Think Bike' campaign launched

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

'Think Bike' campaign launched

A £1.2million campaign to get drivers to look out for motorcyclists has been launched by the Government. TV adverts will show riders with neon signs attached to their bikes flashing messages such as 'new dad' or 'shy retiring type'. It's hoped it will lead drivers to see riders as individuals after research showed they were more likley to notice motorcyclists if...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 09:47)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevecase

Aug 02

stevecase says:

May I also add

I've had accidents due to my own stupidity and other peoples and quite a lot of them are avoidable. There is one group of road users that can cause fatal road incidents that no-one seems to deal with and thats the aging road user.

My Dad had failing eyesite but wouldn't admit it (if your reading this dad its true because I made you give me a pillion one day to see how bad it was). Another friend was killed by someone with alzheimers who still had a license! And many more and I'm sure I'm not alone.

If someone reaches 70 they should have a proper medical to say they are fit to drive not just sign a form saying I'm fine thanks, and if someone has a medical condition that makes them unfit to drive the medical practioner should pass this to the DVLA.

Reply to this Topic
blastan

Mar 12

blastan says:

Think Bike Campaign

I'll start by saying I'm not a biker but a middle aged car driver who's fed up that bikers are shown as totally innocent members of the community mowed down by Mad Max car drivers. I was on the North Circular on Sunday morning and spent most of the journey from Brent Cross to Hanger Lane slamming my brakes or swerving as numerous irresponsible bikers changed lanes and drove at speed between cars without due car for their safety or that of others. I have nothing but the greatest sympathy for bikers who are injured or worse but they must take responsibility for their own welfare and while the government campaign is commendable, it dose not give a true picture of the issue

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices