Skip to content

Discuss This Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance

It is going to take a lot more than a persistent chatter issue to end Casey Stoner’s domination of the MotoGP world championship after he topped the timesheets in Sepang this week. The 2011 world champion ended a rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.00.473 to finish 0.175s clear of Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa. Stoner has now topped the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 12:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I apologise BH

Thinking about it I was out of order with what I said but with all honesty I did not mean it to be offensive although it was.
I did not expect such a reaction from you or I would never have said it.
I have friends in Wales and I respect the Welsh very much same as I respect people from all over the world.
Once again very sorry and I hope you will accept my apology.

Reply to this Topic
mike2265

Apr 11

mike2265 says:

Didn't mother brown invent the knees down technique

- or was that the knees up (flying W) technique...

Perhaps the confusion here is between knees down and knees dragging.  I'm no motorcycling historian but thought Jaano Truli developed the knee down technique (perhaps he got it from cooper - who got it from ...?) and modified his bikes to suit the style.  Kenny continued the development to the point that he dragged his knees and needed sliders.  Happy to be corrected on this but would prefer it to come without abuse and ridicule.

I expect there are many riders over the years that have held their body in different positions. Our second most important set of suspension are our legs, so getting your weight off the seat and onto your haunches would have always been important, even more so when suspension was crap.  Dependent on the bike and rider where their knee goes would've initially been based on comfort.  (I never specifically try to get my knee in any particular place but notice that on some bikes I lock it in (when there's a nice place to do it) and on others let it hang out some - I'm just a road rider though and I'm not letting my knee near the ground, I don't want it torn off)

I guess the question here is who did it first specifically to use the knee out to help turn the bike in.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It will be more interesting to see who complains the most when his bike isn't right legging behind its bigger rivals by that I mean the works Yamaha and Honda.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

stoner complains

This is a fairly pointless statement, and I wonder about the context; it would seem strange for him to seek out gpone to make a one paragraph statement like this.

However it is not necessarily incorrect, and he like rossi did for so many years can say whatever he wants.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

NOSTRODAMUS-

I reiterate, Moon Eyes was not the instigator of said style, but Paul Smart.

God man your ignorance is crushing. I was there the day Moon Eyes crashed and finished his career.

Spoke to him next year at Silverstone on crutches. I'm now 57, where you there?

And you have the crass ignorance to  question as to why I "Open my Gob", heavens man, where are you from?? Shit for brains. Paul Sart is the guy you are looking for.

Sad case. Dropped as a child were you?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

shock horror story!

stoner rides a motorcycle faster than the goat baaaaaa, and has to be slagged off for it, woofy came last in the pedigree chump contest behind the cross breeds, like making the div kid at school milk monitor,so to get more attention he says the same things over again but with one word changed hoping i'll ratle some cages, woof woof, boom put the dog down. race on!!!!!pizza ped style.(cf frame rule applies). chatter my new rear rentec, grated some cf on my swingarm, worked at treat!!! 2 clicks off the rebound on the front end. god im pissed lol..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

hey Wosi are you going to back your big complaining dog drool arse licking correct grammer snout on the line with a 1000 on Rossi winning the title this year or you going to shut up with your anti stoner dribble and run with your tail between your legs and yelp

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Billy Boy

Because you'tre 57, and because you were there the day Cooper ended his career, and because you say so, I'm supposed to believe you? Back it up old man. To date what I've read from you makes the proverbial bar of soap more believable. Sometimes at your age the memory doesn't serve you so well.

If it's all the same to you and your obnoxious manner I stick to what I've read elsewhere.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Phew!

Thank god for that Benny! Although you wont agree we probably have some things in common like motorbikes and Hendrix! I dont suppose you ever saw him live? Unfortunately I did not either.
Closest I got was seeing Mitch Mitchell one night in Fulham!
Belated Happy Birthday!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle