Skip to content

Discuss This Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Chatter fails to end Casey Stoner’s winter dominance

It is going to take a lot more than a persistent chatter issue to end Casey Stoner’s domination of the MotoGP world championship after he topped the timesheets in Sepang this week. The 2011 world champion ended a rain-hit three-day test with a best time of 2.00.473 to finish 0.175s clear of Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa. Stoner has now topped the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 12:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"what about him complaining about the chatter they were gonna fix, after the Valencia test when he was slowest HRC rider?"

1. Slowest HRC rider? - yes, out of 2... by 0.1 seconds... & they were almost half a second ahead of their closest rival. You'll try anything to try to make him sound bad but that was pathetic (read Milky with the whooped ass style comments). Must try harder.

2. From your own link to Motomatters - "The addition of 4kg to the 1000cc MotoGP machines has been blamed for causing the chatter that Honda's RC213V suffers from", which was only introduced after Valencia in mid December when they were all plonked back at square one.

Yamaha & Honda rider's are all experiencing chatter & none of their designers have come up with a solution yet... let's hope if they manage to get the Ducati up to speed they don't inherit the same problem.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Nostrodamus ( a great and wise man),

you did initially offer me said advice:  "Makes you wonder why you opened your gob at all".

I was merely telling you that Paul Smart, as backed up by Williewheelbreaker on 4th March and at least one other, was the instigator of the knee down style, using it to steer the 750 Suzuki 3, Flexi Flyer, not the Ducati Imola 200 winning machine, as quoted by another like dick head.

As to where you have dreamed up "Moon Eyes" Cooper in this scheme of things is beyond human reckoning.  John Cooper used to trail his knee, as do probably you yourself do. Getting it down is another thing. Paul Smart did. For God's sake man, stop making yourself look so stupid and do the research before opening your mouth and posting tosh ( a fitting term eh).

Just what part of the country do emanate from? This may provide the necessary clue. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Benny get the red ball out ya mouth.

Chatter is often a sign of excellent grip, perhaps too good. Chatter is bad most of the time because it is unnerving to the rider. Few guys have the balls to ride through it and so most end up losing time. Guys like Doohan and Schwantz often rode well with the front chattering. So perhaps Stoner isn't a knob, he's saying that if you dial out the chatter, you may end up with less grip and hence the bike won't turn as well.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Exactly

Chatter is often a sign of excellent grip, perhaps too good. Chatter is bad most of the time because it is unnerving to the rider. Few guys have the balls to ride through it and so most end up losing time. Guys like Doohan and Schwantz often rode well with the front chattering. So perhaps Stoner isn't a knob, he's saying that if you dial out the chatter, you may end up with less grip and hence the bike won't turn as well.

That's it in a nutshell. Easy to see who are the 'knobs' that couldn't grasp this

Benny you're a hypocrite. You had your little tantrum the other night when someone 'insulted' you after you'd been handing out insults and crass language all night.

After a couple of 'I come in peace' comments yesterday, you're already at it again. Typing through an alcohol induced haze? Given the time of your posts? I've no idea if you know Willie personally or not and if that's 'friendly banter' but I suspect if not, he'll be thrilled with your description.

So don't moan when others have a dig at you eh

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thank you Billy Boy

Obviously you aren't bright enough to differentiate the same god damn technique. It's not so much about getting you knee down per se ,as opposed to the moving and lowering of ones body weight to affect the COG of the machine as I mentioned earlier in this thread. Whether Cooper got his knee down is a rather moot point. I'm sure he trailed or skimmed it across the inside of some corners but the man was as limited by the cornering abilities of the tyres of the times ( Dunlop Triangulars?) as much as any other. So Paul Smart got his knee down a little further. Whoop-de-do - Cooper did it first.

WWB mentioned Smart at Imola and only you backed him up.

Reply to this Topic
mikehannan

Jun 11

mikehannan says:

Just Checking

Just dropped back into this site to see if the tone had improved.  No such luck.  Discussion is still spoiled by abusive and rather stupid posts and the debate lowered to nothing better than a verbal punch up. 

On the face of it, this is a straight forward article with little controversial in it.  How it has generated more than 200 posts, most of which are inane rubbish, is a wonder.  I am sure a sociologist would have a field day working out the group dynamics here but for the rest of us, who are just into bikes and racing, it is a bore and a frustration. 

Oh well, back to the US and Aussie sites.  Good luck with it gang. I'll check back some other time.   Mike

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

COG is certainly the main point here. You are making progress.

Dunlop triangulars were not being used by Smart or Cooper at this particular time (very prone to straight line wobbles, like yourself?).

As to whether I'm particularly bright, probably not.

Whoop-de-do?? (please explain).

Of course Smart did turn up at Imola, even managed a win with Spaggiari 2nd.

The rest is history, but then you know that.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

I wonder

@wosideg - "Caseys lap time is despite the problem and testament to his bravery/talent ... "

... how many other accounts have been hacked?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No Wosi

I don't 

The front end can have a lot of grip, chassis/suspension can't cope, front pushes then grips again, repeat over and you have chatter. Cause ?  I've no idea, I'm not an engineer.

Stoner is ever so slightly a better rider than anyone on this forum and has an ever so slightly better understanding of how a bike behaves and why under most conditions. I understood loosely what he meant, I've no interest in how many others did, no reason to come on here and bark on about it.

But others coming on here and denouncing him as a knob because they can't understand, yet again shows how some people will nit-pick away at anything he says whilst they grasp at any opportunity to label him dumb.

My opinion - they're the knobs.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Chatter

There are many reasons for chatter including too hard a spring, too much rebound etc. these reasons will generally see an increase in lap times One of the most common causes, when a guy can get fast laptimes out of the bike, is over gripping of the front tyre resulting in skating over bumps on the entry to the turn. My posts are not encycloaedic, and I'm not an expert racer. I remember reading an interview with Doohan, where he said most of the times he got chatter and was fast, was because the front tyre gripped too much compared to the back.

I keep 'em short because we only have room for one Aquarius here.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices