Skip to content

TRIUMPH New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

Triumph’s never-ending onslaught of new bikes shows no sign of slowing after a keen-eyed MCN reader scooped the new 2013 Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 parked while out testing. The spy shot shows a new version of the current 1050cc inline three-cylinder road-biased adventure bike which remains a popular and good value machine often favoured by those who ride every day. The bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 15:49)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Just hope the test rider didn't get the sack because of some moron who wanted his 15 minutes of fame!!!

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Winger

No test rider is going to be given the sack because of a prototype bike being photographed unless they were riding it without permission. No manufacturer can possibly expect a bike to remain secret when they are tested on the open road in an era of everyone having a camera on their phone.

MCN pays money for this sort of image. All we ask is that no one takes any risks to themselves or test rider safety in order to get images.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

ooooh errrr

now that looks an interesting bike! Very interesting indeed!! Me likes!

And by the way i also like the low impactive MCN logo.  Now we can see it.  Nice work MCN and to the fella who captured it:)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

Explorer

This is way more up my street, a road bike that doesn't pretend to be an off road bike, something for the road, i dont really see the point in the explorer

Reply to this Topic
dansrockin

Jun 06

dansrockin says:

Hi, I took that pic, and I'm not some moron looking for 15 mins of fame, I just happened to be out and saw the bike parked up, liked some of the changes that were on it, noticed it was a test bike and took a pic. I didn't even know mcn paid for pics til I had an email back from them! I just thought I'd share a pic of an interesting new bike with other bikers who may want to see it. If they didn't want the risk of pics bring taken, then they shouldn't allow the riders to stop at a busy public place for a coffee and burger, or at least make it less obvious that it's a prototype.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

dansrockin

Good for you fella and glad that you did! I think i saw this last week on the A55 North Wales. It was a black Triumph with a single sided swing arm but it didn't look like the Explorer. Should been quicker with that camera!!! I will keep a look out for it. There seems to be a lot Triumph test bikes coming this way recently.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

dansrockin dansrockin

Want more pictures, i'll pay you as well, half a shandy, but seriously i want more pictures

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

This is the one...

The concept is very interesting. Perhaps what I should have bought instead of the Speed. Experience teaches us. I love the idea of a bike which can do the weekend curves as well as a feasible option for longer, two-up trips.... I am looking forward to reading more about it. Having said that, the engine appears no different. So, it is probably an update in the same fashion as that of the Speed: little more than aesthetic. I am complaining because I like doing so. As I love my bike (Speed 2011)

Reply to this Topic
Paulvt1

Aug 08

Paulvt1 says:

I hope they have changed the lights.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

i like i like

Could this be a new SPRINT in TIGER form with high bars and tweaked suspension.I might be wrong but knowing Triumph this may well be.This is right up my street more than anything of late.Nice

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices