Skip to content

TRIUMPH New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied TIGER 1050

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > TIGER 1050 > New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

New Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 spied

Triumph’s never-ending onslaught of new bikes shows no sign of slowing after a keen-eyed MCN reader scooped the new 2013 Triumph Tiger Sport 1050 parked while out testing. The spy shot shows a new version of the current 1050cc inline three-cylinder road-biased adventure bike which remains a popular and good value machine often favoured by those who ride every day. The bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 March 2012 15:49)

Post a message in TIGER 1050

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rumbler

Apr 03

rumbler says:

Tiger Sport

This is great news and an excellend addition to the Tiger range.  I'll sell my KTM for one of these, whereas the old Tiger didn't do it- soft suspension and riding position too far back.  I guess the splayed-legs seating stays the same though, Ducati and KTM have it right here.

Reply to this Topic
Teaboy1962

Mar 09

Teaboy1962 says:

Looks the business, I am on my 2nd 1050 Tiger superb bikes and this looks even better, a comfortable real world sports bike just what so many riders want. Now Mr Triumph take note can we please have:

1. Full 133hp speed triple R engine with new (I hear very good) gearbox

2. Low level exhaust similar to Arrow 3 into 1 on speed triple, would look great and allow 2 full size panniers for us who tour.

3. Decent headlights that can be seen in daylight and enable rider to see in the dark

4. And please please please an accurate fuel gauge not one like my 2011 tiger which is only just better than useless! why why why when my 2006 one was ultra accurate !

5. A chain guard which covers full length of chain to keep lube off the pillions leg

So frustrating when a great bike is let down by such silly niggling faults that could so easily be fixed

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Chain?

Why not shaft drive? If a bike will not be used for competition, the lower maintenance and greater cleanliness and reliability of shaft drive makes sense, as the extra weight is hardly noticed. And shaft drive can be reliable, low lash, and not affect handling, at least as implemented in recent Honda’s.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

DANSROCKIN

So what happened to the days of having a chat with the test rider and keeping it to yourself and his job safe,or are we in a world of 'I know more than you' na naa na naa!!!,think you'll find the rules are photographed riding the bike is OK,but not on it's own,surely the poor bugger riding it is intitled to a warm drink and something to eat without being snuk upon like a thief in the night,no wonder the original MCN report said the rider wasn't happy!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

133bhp

If you, Mr Bloor @ Triumph build and include all of teaboy's list of bits and pieces, i promise i will buy one!!!! I mean it, I have had a Tiger 1050 and a 955i, amongst 3 other Triumphs, and loved them all, but if you want me and other's back give this 133bhp or very nearly!!!! This will keep me from getting bored due to lack of power and wandering off to another motorcycle make.

Reply to this Topic
Goulash

Jun 11

Goulash says:

A couple of other things

@Teaboy1962 Couldn't agree more there fella, spot on with those requests. Think i'll add a couple more, a decent battery and alternator as the one i had on my 2010 1050 would go flat very easily, just use the ones from the Tiger 800. Lastly a screen that actually works, holy grail for any Tiger 1050 owner but anything is better than the standard offering. Apart from that, the bike looks good, have to wait to see the final version but looking good so far :)

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

no likey

I don't think ''winger'' likes it.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Good Move..

A smart move by Triumph...again. To keep this bike in the range, as some current 1050 owners don't want the new 1200, including myself. My 1050 is a great road bike, it could do with a bit more power, just a bit..maybe put the new speed Triple engine in it Mr Bloor???????? The looks, when we finally see the front could be made fresher and that single sided swinger will look really good... Bloor...the ball is in your court! lol

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

Triumph come out with some great bikes. Gotta say though I don't much care for this idea. I don't really like the Tiger 800's or the Tiger 1050. I would rather have a practical 1050 Daytona. Just bung a fairing on the Speed Triple, change the bars, fit a low exhaust, add some bungee hooks and you'll have a winner Mr Bloor.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

speed engine

Agreed with the comments below, with a bike like this it still needs an engine to excite

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices