Skip to content

Ask an Expert Where have all the 400s gone? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Where have all the 400s gone?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

beardtwizzle

Aug 10

beardtwizzle says:

Where have all the 400s gone?

Hi there,

Last week I passed my mod 2, and I've been looking for a potential upgrade to my CBF125.

Moving to a 250 seems a little pointless for the relative cost, and a 600 (like the Honda Hornet that I like the look of) seems a little OTT for my first big(ger) bike.

It seems like a 400 would be my best option and I'm looking to buy new, but for some reason no manufacturers seem to be selling 400 road bikes brand new anymore? This seems a bit weird with the new 400cc licence category coming into effect in January.

So questions are:
1. Does anyone know if we can expect a big influx of 400s when the new licence categories come in next year (I dont mind waiting around)?
2. Having only ridden an old Suzuki GP100 and a 2010 CBF125, with 2 years riding experience - would moving to a Hornet be overkill - i.e. TOO much of a jump up?

Cheers!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 March 2012 11:48)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
timhawkfs40

Jun 12

timhawkfs40 says:

cbf 500

Hey i have a cbf 500 is your interested?

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

We've got a two-page feature on the best of them in the July 25th issue which will go up on the site on Friday/Monday.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

This might help http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2012/August/aug0312-nothing-grey-about-these/

Reply to this Topic
julianh

Jun 12

julianh says:

400's

suzuki drz 400sm, great fun when the roads get twisty, lacking a bit on straighter,longer roads but a great first bike imho

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices