Skip to content

HONDA Honda Fireblade owners - we need you! CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR1000RR FIREBLADE > Honda Fireblade owners - we need you!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda Fireblade owners - we need you!

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the iconic, Honda Fireblade, we are working on a feature getting together every model. Honda Fireblades for sale. We’ve managed to get hold of every model except a 1994 Urban Tiger. If you are the proud owner of this model how do you fancy popping along to Brands Hatch on Wednesday 14th March to be part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 March 2012 10:19)

Post a message in CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MartinZ

Sep 11

MartinZ says:

sorry, cannot join :(

saving money for the engine oil to run my Fireblade (uses almost 1 litre per thousand miles) and biannual engine rebuilds on my 2010 bike (replacing all valves every other year is normal on these bikes).

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Blade

Had a '98 RR-W, it was brilliant.  Should never have sold it. 

Reply to this Topic
steven.hood7

Jan 08

steven.hood7 says:

Happy with my RR8 Blade.

Since buying my RR8 in August 2009 with only 1776 miles up, ive had it serviced every 6,000 miles instead of Honda's 4,000 intervals.[The 09 R1 has 6000 mile services !! So why not ?] Using Castrol Semi Synthetic Oil[GPS 10W-30] Its now on 18,200 miles and it only ever needs a splash of oil now and then to bring it up to the level on the dipstick. infact, i'm still using oil from the 1 litre bottle i asked for as part of the deal when i bought the bike. You can't be too shy with the revs on these bike because their so low geared, so its getting used. Not bounced off the rev limiter or mis-treated when cold but used quite hard.

Perhaps it was run-in properly? I couldn't say as i'm the second owner. Its my 4th Fireblade and its my best handling bike to date. 

Reply to this Topic
scottyblade

Jul 10

scottyblade says:

Think you lot brought the wrong blade!  mine is the 954.. RR3,  stonker!!!!  down on poke but also on weight,  super handling, dead easy to ride, oh and doesnt burn oil, and cheap to run...   ive had it 3 years... will never sell!!  its perfect!!  :-) 

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

I can put-up with  my Blade being a bit unreliable , which it is compared to my 29 year old Goldwing , but it"s so hard to work on . It"s good on petrol ,uses no oil  and  handles great  , but the Mrs. hates it  , too uncomfy  ?. I only use it for nice days out on my own down the local country lanes , hence 13000 miles on a 2000 model . I wanted to move on to a R1  ,but they are too small and feel like a 125 to my 16 stone , over  six foot frame , any way our "Gert" put her  2 pennyworth in again and  said  my mid-life  crisis  will be stretched to buying a Mazda  MX.5 next  ?  as if  ! .

Reply to this Topic
insomniax2

Oct 11

insomniax2 says:

I'm about to buy a 2005 Repsol but I'll be keeping my 97RRV for the daily commute. She's never let me down!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices