Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP weight increase angers Honda and Yamaha MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP weight increase angers Honda and Yamaha

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP weight increase angers Honda and Yamaha

Honda and Yamaha have both condemned the late decision to increase the minimum weight limit for the new generation1000ccc MotoGP machines from 153kg to 157kg. Honda and Yamaha had both invested huge financial and human resources into developing their new 1000cc machinery believing the weight limit would be 153kg. But after a meeting of the Grand Prix Commission in December, it was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 March 2012 11:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dacron

Sep 11

dacron says:

kangaroo racing.

may as well go all the way and change the wheels from round to square to save on fabricating costs.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

What is true about a 1000cc bike it does need a extra bit of weight.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

SAVING MONEY ?

I`m sure they did it for the CRT`s,you know,to make `em more competetive.I think they missed a zero, { should have been 40 kilo`s },and then it might have worked.Maybe they should carry pillion`s? That would be funny,next year we could have HB with VR on the back,now that would, "turn a few on", Tele` veiwer`s I mean.

Reply to this Topic
chipsandgravy

Feb 11

Wasn't this 4kg issue

reported on a week or two ago? Birt......get off YouTube at your desk and do some investigative journalism instead of the copy and paste bullshit your becoming legendary for. On the weight issue itself, the best riders will adjust, I know who my money's on to ride around issues and get results.

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

Birt to slow

sometimes Mr Birt is that slow even on twitter people from other teams tell you whats happening to some other teams hours before Birty does needs to get an assistant to keep him in the loop

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

I think Mr Birt has created his own loop!

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

revnev7

Great post, show's you are only just up from an Amoeba..... well done you.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Ominous for Ducati..

If you consider Preziosi and his team designed the GP12 around the new weight restrictions and yet were re-soundly battered in Sepang, must have sent shockwaves in Bologna. Despite that, I think Honda and Yamaha are absolutely right to be pissed off with this decision. Carmelo needs to get a grip!..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Uncle Carmelo

Has now attempted to nobble the Japanese litre designs twice without success in an attempt to make his golden goose lay one more egg for him.

Firstly the Rossi spec rubber which only served to produce yet another false dawn from the jubilation of Sepang 1 to the desperation of Sepang 2,  and then this very ham fisted weight addition.

Reply to this Topic
guyincognito

Oct 08

guyincognito says:

Nostro

Vote Nostro for the factory team honda ride and he will put everyone to shame with his superior riding skills and font of all knowledge! lol :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices