Skip to content

Ask an Expert Jag or scooter who's in the wrong? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Jag or scooter who's in the wrong?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mark1964

Mar 12

mark1964 says:

Jag or scooter who's in the wrong?

No question of who is in the wrong, but the Police are not interested? :shock: You decide

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 March 2012 10:36)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Jag

You were completely faultless in this incident, that guy is a complete arsehole, the police could and should prosecute him based on your camera evidence, that was without doubt a dangerous driving offence, unbelievable!!! its no wonder there are so many twats on the road if he represents the quality of driving instructors these days!!! What a Prick!!!

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wrong

Both at fault,if there`s no room to overtake don`t,

the scooter rider should learn to ride on the left hand side of the road so that faster vehicles can pass.

Put the boot on the other foot if the jag was in the middle of the road.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Jaffa

You say "Both at fault,if there`s no room to overtake don`t"

How can you say that? then say both at fault, the Jag IS actually overtaking where there is no room, put your glasses on.

Mark, you did no wrong!! that fat impatient arsehole was completely to blame mate.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Jag vs Scooter

From what I can see the Jag overtook when he clearly didn't have the room to do so.  However, Mark, from a self-preservation viewpoint, your observation skills need to absolutely top drawer - particularly if you are riding a machine with limited acceleration and performance.  Drivers WILL become impatient and they WILL try and overtake even if there is only half a gap.  Expect it and look out for it.   

I have visited mates in hospital that were in the right but still had accidents that were avoidable.  After all, number one priority for all of us is not winning the blame game - its survival. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

glasses

bryfor,as my fist sentence,(put your glasses on).

If your on a pushbike or slow vehicle and want to live, keep to the left,not ride/drive in the middle of the road like a hog.

Also what winds me up is vehicles doing less than the speed limit also in the middle of the road. :mad:

Reply to this Topic
mark1964

Mar 12

mark1964 says:

Info

Its not my video, just one that appeared on another forum

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

clash

Imreckon the scooter boy had spotted the line of potholes coming up and choose to widen his turn slightly to avoid them, rather than tuck in tight to the kerb, and matey boy had assumed he'd keep further left, hence the glancing blow. Still the car driver's responsibility.....

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Ride in middle of lane

Hi Jaffa mate, I myself "at this time of the year" tend to ride more centrally in the road because of all the grit and shit that accumulates at the sides and thats because I DO want to live.

:tongue:

I know what you mean about slow moving vehicles but all it takes is a little patience sometimes, you just cant go knocking them out of the way.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
mark1964

Mar 12

mark1964 says:

Worst Part

the glancing blow was bad enough, but the manoeuvre and braking afterwards could have been even worse

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

ex-instructor, etc.

Some of those professional drivers are the worst. They get complacent and arrogant.

My assessment of the footage is that it was pure impatience and misjudgement on the part of the car driver. It was a wet road so the scooter rider was taking it steady and smooth. The Jag followed him round the roundabout and tried to barge past on the exit on a single lane.

I've noticed cars coming from the opposite direction at speed on narrow country roads will take happily cross the centre line on a bend because they think a bike coming the other way only needs a two foot width of carriageway. They don't understand that you'll use the full width of your lane to smooth out the curve. Here the scooter rider had every right to be positioned where he was and not be cowed into the gutter.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices