Skip to content

Ask an Expert Jag or scooter who's in the wrong? Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > Jag or scooter who's in the wrong?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mark1964

Mar 12

mark1964 says:

Jag or scooter who's in the wrong?

No question of who is in the wrong, but the Police are not interested? :shock: You decide

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 March 2012 10:36)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

Simple solutuion

There is no arguing with these b@stards and I know at the time you're just glad to be alive, but it's survival of the fittest out there so the rider should have punched his lights out and then shoved his car keys down his throat:mad:

I've been there and the driver has been so sorry, all my fault, shouldn't have done it. Then once they've gone home and thought about it, it becomes all my fault for being there and ON A MOTORBIKE too!!!

Kill them, kill them all.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Murderous Impatience

On the part of the Jag driver. That's a SINGLE carriageway i.e. no lane markings other that the chevron area on the left at the exit of the roundabout which pushes a vehicle into a wider road position. This means the scooter rider was perfectly entitled to hold the road position he had and justified as has been said by the fact there's a load of potholes to avoid, even if there wasn't anything to avoid he was perfectly within his rights to hold that position.

What the Jag driver proceeded to do was unbelieveable and yet sadly all too common, basically endangering the riders life, not just by failing to overtake safely but HITTING the rider then forcing him to the side of the road then blaming the rider for His error. This could've ended in something serious had the rider fallen off, we all know how little speed is needed for major injuries or worse to occur

Be careful out there and remember: Just because your paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!!:blink:

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

jag

No doubt the jag is in the wrong, forcing his way past and clipping the scooter. But from the damage which looked like it was down the side of the Jag the guy would probably say the scooter swerved into him.

Your word against theirs and is why I wear a head cam. From this footage the jag clearly hit the rider from behind and acted dangerously afterwards. It would be condeming evidence to give to your insurance company. Wouldn't waste your time with the police...they don't give a f@ck about those on 2 wheels.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

When all said and done

sometimes its better and easier to keep over left and let the brain-deads get past; being in the right is little consolation when you're being carted off in an ambulance.

I look at it from the point of view that if drivers like that want to f*** off and have an accident, I'll let them, but I don't want their accident to involve (or indeed anywhere near) me.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Steve

Said exactly what I was going to say.

In that video there was absolutely nothing wrong with either the scooter riders' actions or progress. He had every right to be wherever he wanted to be in that lane and in that situation I would have been to the right in order to block off that kind of manoeuvre. You haven't fully assessed the road surface of the road you're turning onto and so the last thing you need is to be pushed to the left into the potential crap.

The Jag driver was obviously in a mood from the way he stopped afterwards. He should be done for that alone. The commendable emergency stop and keeping control of the bike post contact is impressive.

Drivers like this should be banned immediately and the police would have taken it far more seriously if your skills and cool head hadn't have kept you from injury.

Personally, I'd have done well to a) stay on and b) not deck the c**t.

EDITED for spelling.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices