Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R F3 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F3 675 > Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R

The lightest, most powerful and elecronically-advanced supersport machine you can buy - the new MV Agusta F3 goes up against the Triumph Daytona 675 R on the roads of northern Italy. Triumph Daytona 675RLaunched last year, this is the R version of Triumph's popular Daytona 675. It doesn't have electronic rider aids except for a quickshifter, but you get Ohlins suspension,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 March 2012 13:51)

Post a message in F3 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's a shame.

I'm staggered this bike has been signed off by MV. The investment made in R&D and the importance to the company of getting it right seems to have been forgotten by the powers that be. Surely the F3 test riders would have made the same comments to the engineers during the bikes inception, as MCN have made in the film. All the reviews I've seen from the bike's launch in France seem to be in a similar vein, which I personally think is appalling. The very first time I saw an image of this bike I, like many, was smitten and was full of anticipation as to it's release. Now, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

chrrainmaker

Spot on sir.on another note at the recent nec bike show i was on the mv stand and overheard an eye openening conversation,one guy asked another if he had had any problems with his mv 1000 to which he replied no mate its fine ,clearly not a happy man the first guy said well mine is a nightmare,it ha said had cut out at 80 mph+ on several occasions and was A worried it might kill him and B angry that the dealers couldnt fix it after several attempts.the second guy then said well it does overheat and stall !!! oh mine does that as well said an increasingly vexed first guy.at which point i lost interest in the brutale i was looking at.Anybody else out there had trouble as i cant quite shake off the brutale hankering,,,,,,,,

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Not quite sure that the report would make one 'not touch it with a barge pole', however I am slightly disappointed in the review, but reading other magazines, reviews not quite the same.

Already riding the 675, which I have to say is brilliant, but still going with the MV F3 (deposit down).

If it is not to my liking, can always go back to the Daytona.

Remember you very rarely regret things you do, but you will always regret things you don't do.

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

what a pity!

Something I love about MCN is that the reviews are just that: Reviews. The magazines here in Spain are often like readig the marketing fluff from the companies themselves: This is the best ever, blah, blah, blah...

I have been waiting with baited breath for the first reviews of what I consider to be perhaps the most beautiful bike I have ever seen. MV Agustas have never been reliable. But the recent reviews for the smaller Brutale put me in an open frame of mind. After this review, I am convinced that this is a machine whih requires more research to refine its performance to be on a level with its looks.

I wish it were a rival to the Triumph. But, that is a very tall order...

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

pottersbar

Other than the looks, I can't fathom out why you would spend 10K on a flawed machine, particularly when you can get a virtually brand new RSV4 for the same money or a 2011 Fireblade for about a grand less. A friend of mine mentioned today he'd seen a 2011 RC8 for just 7K, with only 1,000 miles on the clock! I hate to say it, really I do, but do yourself a favour and spend your no doubt hard earned cash more wisely than that!..

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

The MV F3 has not quite lived up to expectations it would seem. It cant be faulted on looks though!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Interesting

I know most of the roads where they shot this as I used to live there. Roads look great but when cold don't offer much grip. I suspect on the track the findings might be a bit different. The guys both seem to be a bit upset that the F3 didn't quite hit the mark.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

With respect CHRainmaker I have already owned a Fireblade and considering I use a bike for pleasure only, mainly on the open road with very little town use I consider it's worth a try. Do not forgot it is only two experts views where as in other magazines the views are not quite the same. If I make mistake so be it, can always go back to the Daytona

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Pottersbar

You're absolutely right, I apologise for sounding patronising, who the hell am I to say what you should or shouldn't ride! There's no denying it's a real thing of beauty, and I can certainly see why you'd be interested. I really hope it lives up to your expectations.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Accepted CHRainmaker, if and when I get it, will give my views on the bike in comparison to the 675

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices