Skip to content

MV-AGUSTA Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R F3 675

You are in... Forums > MV-AGUSTA > F3 675 > Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: MV Agusta F3 vs Triumph Daytona 675R

The lightest, most powerful and elecronically-advanced supersport machine you can buy - the new MV Agusta F3 goes up against the Triumph Daytona 675 R on the roads of northern Italy. Triumph Daytona 675RLaunched last year, this is the R version of Triumph's popular Daytona 675. It doesn't have electronic rider aids except for a quickshifter, but you get Ohlins suspension,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 March 2012 13:51)

Post a message in F3 675

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

@v2kiwi I think it might have been me that said some of us are more interested in looking in shop windows than actually riding our bikes and the F3 seems perfect for that...........  there are plenty of bikes for the rest of you either the Daytona 675R. the Gixxer 750 or one of the Jap middle weights.

So let us Sunday polishers have the 848 and the F3 to mince about through town and maybe do the odd trackday on.

Asking why MV make these stupid bikes that perform poorly on the road is pointless, they are works of art........  and I doubt you'll see anyone try to seriously race an MV as you can't wait 3 months for MV to decide if they feel like shipping you a replacement part when your next meet is only 2 week away.

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

boybilly: Sadly flawed, but is the bike available in the UK yet?

Surely it will not be beyond MV to resolve the reported mapping problems experienced by the two MCN testers. I just cannot believe that with a new project that is potential winner, that they will allow the machines to be sold with such a fault    

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

testride

snev we need something to cuddle into

NEEEVSY if this is the first test ride for the F3 why is there about 12 different reveiws floating around  most with different results and some from a from a way back

i also think that if you know anything about  bikes you would know that the trumpy will take a lot to beat it and would not expect the mark one MV to come close to it

but NEEVSY it would be nice to see some un biased test reports  some are pure fiction

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Pottersbar

If MV intend to sort this mapping issue before the bikes are in the showrooms, why on earth didn't they resolve it before the launch? Surely, it can't take a review of the bike to illustrate to the MV engineers the bike's flaws. If that really is the case, then it's worse than I thought. This is a brand new bike for MV, they've had enough time to iron out these problems, it should not have been launched before this issue was resolved, primarily because it will have put a lot of potential buyers off!

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Brutale

After your earlier posts I had a look for other F3 reviews. I could find one track review by Eric Bostrum singing its praises but everything else was conjecture based on specs (the only reviews I've seen of people who have ACTUALLY ridden the nigh on finished bike are MCN's and Eric Bostrums). The bike has probably been developed to cater firstly for pub braggers (ie max power, loads of electronic aids etc) and the track report suggested then when going for it, it's a very capable bike (possibly one of the best). This review is entirely road based and suggests that for part throttle riding it's not as smooth as it should be. The review therefore depends on the criteria of the reviewers (real world or track bias and how much the riders are going for it).

The F3 has an EAS full throttle function, traction control and multi mode mapping (including ability to load custom maps) suggesting development is biased to full throttle riding.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

pottersbar

It's not in my local MV dealer in Newcastle on Tyne yet. I cant wait to have a good look at it and think it will still be their best seller regardless of the problems mentioned here.

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Well there s only

one thing for it . Get out the mountains by 6am when there,s no tourists on the road and flog the thing for all it,s  worth. 

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

more ar*e licking

HAHAHA, MCN do it again SOOOPER TRIUMPH when are they going to get real, EVERY report where TRIUMPH are involved and you guest it TRIUMPH rules. What absolute verbal diarrhea at this rate it will soon be called TRIUMPH CYCLE NEWS cause in fact it is so cringe worthy as to be laughable. Do the survey and ask for the same money what would you buy the rather boring 675R  or the absolutely juicy and iconic MV for the same money.  No contest, but yet again this highly overrated weekly paper sucks up to its TRIUMPH masters.

Reply to this Topic
kiwikeith

Nov 05

kiwikeith says:

MV everytime.

MV triple is head and shoulders above the Daytona. MCN start reporting the truth instead of sucking up to Triumph. You only have to look at the MV to know it's a winner.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Kiwikeith et all

You only have to look at the MV to see its a winner????

That statement alone shows where your criteria is. Youve not ridden the bike but purely looked at pictures and saw sales bump (which might be complete lies) to make your mind up. I for one am glad you're not a professional reviewer. (I know you've not ridden it because its not on general sales release yet!)

Only those who have ridden both bikes back to back can make and informed and impartial decission. If they (MCN) thought the triumph was the all round better bike then thats there opinion and they can back it up with reasoned fact. Those who haven't ridden both bikes back to back are purely spouting opinion and conjecture.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices