Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Speed Triple R takes on Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC and Ducati Streetfighter S First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Triumph Speed Triple R takes on Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC and Ducati Streetfighter S

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Triumph Speed Triple R takes on Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC and Ducati Streetfighter S

If you're into the wild side of motorcycling, super nakeds like the Triumph Speed Triple R, Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC and Ducati Streetfighter S are the perfect bikes for you. Though MCN's testers agreed the Aprilia was the best bike when a wide range of criteria were considered, the overall result wasn't as simple as that. We discovered that because of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 March 2012 16:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I sat down on a Speed Triple R last month at a bike show. It felt like the rear wheel was welded to the frame, stiffest suspension I've ever seen on any bike. Don't know how adjustable it is, but as it was I certainly wouldnt want to use that on the streets. On a race track sure...

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Which one?

The Aprilia, sicker than a mother child murder on crack ;-)

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

hey speedo....

This bike you sat on.... did it have a coin slot by any chance? Postman Pats van feels the same untill you put 20p in the slot.

Reply to this Topic
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

one for me

I like the speed Triple R but would like to have the Aprilia V4R APRC and want the Ducati streetfighter S but probably get a Speed Triple as I've always liked them

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

I'd have all 3 in my garage. But I think all 3 are made with track in mind and not real road conditions where these can turn into torture devices for those that ride their bikes and don't just shine them :)

Reply to this Topic
BoogalooDan

Dec 11

BoogalooDan says:

Speed Triple Forever

The Speed Triple isn't a stripped down racer, nor is the R. Both were developed for the road, but with track day option in mind. The suspension is adjustable for Christ's sake!  I've done over 5000 miles on my 2012 Speedie and have just traded it in for the R (get it mid-April; can't wait). It's a mile muncher so long as you stay this side of a ton. Tell you what... I've also got a 250 commuter and it's a firkin sight more comfy than that. Went to Mallory on the little fella and could barely walk when I got home!

Aprilia may be the bells and whistles option, favoured by professional racers who like to get their elbows down, but bet you a million quid the Speedie is the best real world option. Don't need a road test to know that!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerthat

Dec 09

Rogerthat says:

Ducati Streetfighter aces both bikes

The Ducati Streetfighter aces these two - a combination of raw visceral feel and blistering power, and combined with Supercorsa BSB tyres - unbeatable. I have the base model, don't need traction control - that's for pussies, one of the best, and most surprisingly comfortable and practical bikes Ducati have built

Reply to this Topic
Smackkmanii

Mar 12

Smackkmanii says:

SF , Is good but not as good as tuono V4 , its far better then the other bikes ..

Triumph is nice butt but ugly :) and Sf is hard to turn in with and bad gearbox/clutch in conpairson...

So , tuono is an smooth superbike with comfortable riding position !

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

All of these bikes are superb. The RSV is a stripped down monster road/race bike though, so you would expect some extra go. To be fair though, for the price it's superb. However in the real world most of us would probably be happiest with a standard Speedy and now Triumph are chucking in £300 quid of extras it seems more attractive. Usually when they do this, there's a new model just around the corner or sales are down of course.

I wanted to see how the 848 Streetfighter S compared to the Speedy R. Although it's down on cc, the power output is similar but it's lighter and probably more nimble. 

I love this market sector. It's superb.  BIG GRINS!

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

fun with a capital F

As a road bike it has to be the Triple R simply because its got a seat rather than a plank but these bikes are generally bought by the heart not the head so its always going to be the exotics. I rode to base model and loved the engine but hated the twitchy sensitive handling...the front rake is just too extreme. Streetfighter is beautiful but impossible to ride below 50mph without using low gears but its not exactly comfy, very track focused and needs a dedicated rider. The Tuono is rather ugly but boy oh boy does it do the business everywhere...just get some bum cheek pads and ear plugs and hold on tight.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices