Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

Yamaha has said the impressive speed shown by reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner in winter testing is not an early cause for concern ahead of the start of the 2012 campaign in Qatar next month. The Australian has ended both 2012 test sessions at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia with the fastest time, despite his worries about a persistent chatter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 March 2012 16:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

1st time ever...... I have found motoking even slightly funny.... well done, must be difficult being a bike GP fan and hating Rossi so much. Mind you it has been easier the last 5 or 6 years. ***** Good info Aquarius... shame we can't get more Scott, Cathcart, or Oxley on this site. Mind you MCN probably can't afford them. Guess we have to stick with the tabloid trashy Matt Birt but then he is a brilliant wind up merchant and gets some serious hits on this forum. ***** Roll on Jerez........

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

further pressure on wosidog

I take your point about people tying together the pro-stoner and anti-rossi arguments, and that when doing so retaliatory anti stoner comments should be expected.

I think it is fairly clear stoner is better at riding frameless/ whatever ducatis. Rossi has been peerless on every other bike he has ridden. How they would both go with stoner now hopefully fairly mature as a rider on something like the 2011 honda with some characteristics both could exploit we will unfortunately probably never know. Regardless as I have said previously  stoner is quite unlikely to have rossi's longevity right at the pinnacle of the sport.

As far as the pressure thing goes I will accept the 2 races post laguna seca 2008 as possibly pressure induced mistakes. There was more pressure than just rossi and whether stoner thought rossi had a license to crash into him though, win it or bin it was basically stoner's only chance as placings were no use with the points situation and dani and jorge hors de combat.

The 2009 broken by rossi/ pressure theory apart from involving some of the most vindictive and nasty stuff I have ever seen directed at a sportsman mostly involved amateur speculation by non-physicians who had neither taken a history nor examined the patient. It is true most of the paddock went along with it as david emmett has said . It would now seem to be also true that all of these people were wrong, as david emmett has said he was. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yes indeed Willie

I love reading articles by these three journo's.

Mental fragility? Certainly not young Mr Stoner. He's top dog. It's all the others that are worried about him. Even Lorenzo who I consider hard as nails, was whimpering and moaning last year about his machinery as he struggled to stay with Stoner. And all the while may I remind readers they barely went any quicker 2011 from 2010.

This Stoner weak in the head thing is nothing but erroneous perception with foundations in the very difficult to ride D16's. Put Stoner on a bike he can ride within himself and look what happens. The man should be celebrated for having the mental strength and desire to push the Ducati's as hard as he did - despite the machine, when riders like Rossi & Hayden can barely get it within sniffing distance of the podium. That's not to say Stoner's not prone to mistakes (Qatar 2010) just as they all are. In recent times there's been no bigger howler than Rossi's 2006 Valencia buckling of the mental knees.

Stoner weak in the head. Ha ha. That's akin to saying Wosi is rational.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

reasons why

My comment was perhaps understandably taken  more generally by you than I had intended. I was mainly referring to what I can only describe as gleeful gloating among an element of rossi fans concerning their man having "mentally broken" stoner on certain british motogp sites; I did not frequent this forum then so I don't extend that to this site.

Simoncelli etc was loved because he was a larger than life effervescent character with a sense of humour. This is not stoner's personality and it would be fake for him to pretend otherwise, but even I would like to see more public evidence of a sense of humour . Whether simoncelli's popularity would have persisted if he had become any kind of threat to rossi is another question; I can't recall offhand any rider with any sort of success against rossi who escaped criticism, but perhaps they were all coincidentally intrinsically evil.

The main thing that rankles stoner fans and it would appear stoner himself are the attempts to discredit his successes, particularly the 2007 championship on what he of all people knew was a difficult if fast bike. By my notions of causality the detraction very much preceded the attitude you guys don't like.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"IF Casey wasn't there..

IF Marco..
BUT what about 2006..
MAYBE the Honda wasn't the best bike..on and on and on."

If you don't like speculation then stop peddling it... a good percentage of what you post is exactly that... you may present evidence to support it but most if not all of that can be turned upside down to support the opposite (you usually call it dull... remember?)

Example - you know you have no proof that Honda was the best bike... it's been argued out here till the cows came home... if you could you'd silence the doubters in a second... you can't... it's another troll... an old & not very good one.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

"The man should be celebrated for having the mental strength and desire to push the Ducati's as hard as he did - despite the machine"

I completely agree Nostro.  The boy's talent and determination should not be questioned, especially given the long list of ex-World Champs have failed to get to grips with the Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Dear Stoner fans, Do not waste your time with the rubbish that dog boy puts forth as the TRUTH. It is obvious that all he has left is trolling and trying to agitate Stoner fans. Best to ignore it. Anyone who quotes journo's opinion pieces as a factual reference clearly has no idea.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dear Wosi

You accuse me and others of speculation and if, if, if  -  your whole argument is based on it.

You are speculating over Stoner's mental state, his ability to cope under pressure. You refer to past races as examples yet you have no idea what caused the crashes you refer to. You should do given the number Rossi had on the thing whilst under no pressure (other than the spectre of Stoner perhaps)  You're speculating. You throw up  the same old argument every few topics. All I did was point out that your hero also suffers from occassional failure in dealing with pressure (based on your definition) I then went on to say they all do, because they do, occassionally, all slip up, which is understandable given the level they are performing at. You keep singling out Stoner.

You constantly speculate by refering to him 'going fishing' when the reality is you know feck all about what was going on. Anyone could see the state he was in after races compared to his normal condition. Throwing up in his helmet was obviously of no significance..

Same with your RCV / M1 speculation - None of us - no-one  -  knows which is better. The only way would be to put one of the top three on both bikes and hope you got an honest opinion as they are the only riders capable of pushing them to their limits. ANYTHING else from ANYONE is speculation. IF it is the best bike explain the lack of a 1, 2, 3, 4 finish.

If you don;t like the if, if, if responses, stamp them out with some hard irrefutable facts. You won't though because you can't. Instead of answering direct questions (like the 1, 2, 3, 4 Honda finish) you insult.

Just hope your hard facts aren't as inaccurate as your 80 second fix interpretation.... referring to the Yamaha.... If you insist.  But just for you

Burgess was confident that he and Rossi would soon get the bike up to speed. It was clear that the bike was already competitive, Burgess told Abrams, and the issues he saw could be solved relatively easily. "If we had that issue with Valentino it'd be fixed in 80 seconds," Burgess said.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

As usual as soon as someone points out the glaringly obvious flaws in your arguments you accuse them of being dull or full of mindless drivel (despite it being a comment on your post) instead of coming up with any substantiating proof that they're wrong... name calling again?... "authority of a six-year-old schoolgirl"?... :lol: I need say no more?*

* you can see the irony in that can't you?... sometimes I wonder. :blink:

Reply to this Topic
bennygaywossi

Feb 12

whateva

pathetic as per you need to grow dicks imo

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale