Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

Yamaha has said the impressive speed shown by reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner in winter testing is not an early cause for concern ahead of the start of the 2012 campaign in Qatar next month. The Australian has ended both 2012 test sessions at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia with the fastest time, despite his worries about a persistent chatter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 March 2012 16:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

Don't forget RdP was not absolved of responsibility for the incident... it was just felt that the punch was an overreaction... & RdP was against the fine on Stoner & he accepted the blame for what happened.

"I'm sorry about what happened this morning with Casey. I was adjusting the brake, thinking that I had no one behind. Then, suddenly, I saw Casey coming behind me at full speed, I tried to leave the road to him, but unfortunately I went where he was pointing. I'm sorry and even if his reaction was not the best, for me it's all put in the past and I have nothing wrong against him."

Somehow Stoner's punch was seen as warranting a fine more than dangerous (if unintentionally so) riding.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

de puniet punch

The fine was justified, you are not allowed to punch other riders even if with intent more metaphoric than violent.

iirc they fined both max and valentino for that incident years ago.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Lack of Class

Stoner punching RdP in the arm = Lack of class and moronic 

Rossi giving Max the finger after being pushed of the track (then overtaking him)= Utter Class

Case closed!!

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

And the Oscar for Troll of the Year goes to ...

One guess.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

A punch is better

than picking gravel out of your face as a result of sudden retardation, in both senses.

I can see that in a lot of ways RdP was lucky on all counts, it was the Marc Marquez PI situation in reverse and luckily without the same result. It's easy for any one of us to say what should or shouldn't be after the event. I've wanted to punch more than a few people who suddenly face me with a choice I hadn't been bothered about 1 millisecond earlier. Especially as one might involve pain.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

efficiency of australian workers

Stoner was just trying to bring more efficient australian work practices to motogp wosi , and is consistent in his approach as his economy with practice and testing laps also illustrates.  I am sure ducati would happily give valentino 10 weeks off mid season this year if he won 4 races for them in the rest of the season.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Good bless the 'great Aussie sickie' and those poor schmucks who have to work hard so that their taxes can support my indolent lifestyle (just like HRC and Stoner if you think about it). Stoner is an a fine example for all stoner's everywhere! Excuse me while I get the wife to pop out another brat so I can get some more money for the pokies. 

BBH - good to see your fishing expedition is doing so well. 

More on topic - of course Yamaha are not concerned. Dovi has confirmed that they still have the best bike out there.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

The funny thing about assumptions, is that the person making them is clearly very insecure with things in their own life. Little sad really. Bugger the dog just died.. Someone please give me attention. What's funny is that with this 'fishing break' he still won 4 races that season.. How many did Rossi get last sea.. Oh yeah. But he's a brave warrior right, for battling through the shoulder pain, pfft. Bring on Qatar, though I'm sure we'll still be talking about Stoners 06 crashes or something. Hahahahahaha my sides are hurting pahahaha. << Does that make it funny now bitch? Sorry I meant dog. I hope that once again, I'm not being 'too mean' to you.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Wosi you Purple Helmet

Like the brave Valentino walking into the HRC pit last year to apologise to Stoner with his hat on.

As for the mosquito bite. Look at Vale's weedy little arms. He summoned all his strength to swing that handbag at Biaggi.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Stoners got form for this shit, simple as and I for one would love it if someone hooked him in the bollocks giving him a genuine reason to puke up..something you'd need to do as he always seems to have his helmet on when the shit hits the fan.

Is it possible for you to make yourself look more spasticated than already recognised? You always seem to contradict yourself.

To the above.. Jerez 2011, who was that gay bloke who walked to Stoners garage with all the time in the world to take his helmet off?

'Nancy boy' .. 'Stoner is being too mean to me, and i don't know why' awwww bless your heart little Valentino.

If anyone is looking for jokes, forget sickipedia. Come look at Wosi's posts or listen to Rossi's excuses. Bloody hysterical.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/moto-gp/motogp-star-valentino-rossi-says-ducati-bike-would-suit-shorter-riders-like-aussie-casey-stoner/story-fn2ms4i4-1226142545580

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices