Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha not worried by Casey Stoner’s testing dominance

Yamaha has said the impressive speed shown by reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner in winter testing is not an early cause for concern ahead of the start of the 2012 campaign in Qatar next month. The Australian has ended both 2012 test sessions at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia with the fastest time, despite his worries about a persistent chatter...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 March 2012 16:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

NZ - an alternative view...

Just to explain & enlarge on a couple of things here for the neophyte – Rhys Darby (the narrator) is a very funny guy: Rhys Montague Darby (born 21 March 1974) is an actor and stand-up comedian from N Z, known for his energetic physical comedy routines, telling stories accompanied with mime and sound effects[of things such as machinery and animals. Darby is probably best known for playing Murray Hewitt, the band manager of Flight of the Conchords in the HBO television series, a role he originally played in the BBC radio series under the name Brian Nesbit. A former soldier (a signaller), he left the New Zealand Army in 1994 and began studies at the University of Canterbury. Darby played the role of Angus in the Richard Curtis film The Boat That Rocked released in the UK on 1 April 2009. This film was released in some countries in November 2009 under the name “Pirate Radio”.

Benji Marshall (born Benjamin Quentin Marshall; 25 February 1985 in Whakatane, New Zealand) is a professional rugby league footballer with the Wests Tigers of the National Rugby League (NRL). A goal-kicking five-eighth, he is the current captain of the New Zealand national team, with whom he won the 2008 World Cup and 2010 Four Nations tournaments. Marshall has spent his whole NRL career to date with the Tigers, winning the 2005 Telstra Premiership with them. He has been noted for his flamboyant attack, including sidesteps, no-look passes, & flick-passes. In 2010 won the Golden Boot Award for the World's best Rugby League player.

“Te Kaha” is a beach area on the North Island’s East Coast. The entire Coast is a stronghold of Maori Culture & a way of life that has passed in most of NZ. The fishing & hunting is superb. When I was a kid, you could stop the car, get out and walk out onto the rocks & literally just “pick-up” a big or good-sized crayfish (Spiny Rock Lobster) out of a rock pool and take it home for the pot. Nowadays, NZ Crayfish is retailing @ NZ$100 per Kg.

“Rotorua” is a Spa & Thermal area in the North/Central North Island & another seat of Maori Culture. Because of the ever-present geo-thermal/volcanic activity – the air is redolent of Sulphur but this becomes literally unnoticeable over several days spent there. It is a major Tourism area too & surrounded by lakes & extensive, deep native & exotic pine forests ideal for pig & deer hunting.

Have a look at this one. It plays on & to the ongoing & natural rivalry between Kiwis & Aussies (the snappy dressers) – we love to hate each other – except for when comrades in battle V a common enemy...

http://www.youtube.com/user/airnewzealand/featured?v=V32jyVFuHRk

Enjoy
A

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

THINKS ...

Bob B - absolutely dead-on correct there. I don't even bother to read or even open MM any more - so tired of seeing excuses & alibis & the sort of stuff you so aptly describe. I used to think DE & MM were AOK - until last season. It was just atrocious, the lack of professional detachment & honesty showed-up like dog's balls, eh? It seemed DE too had become a serial "reality denier" - but with a massive public platform to promulgate it from... With power comes responsibility to use it fairly - he & it failed, miserably!

Mat Oxley has publicly & freely admitted he "used to" have a personal aggro issue with Stoner. This dates back to when Oxley was doing some PR work for Ducati & on one occasion suggested (in print) that Stoner "crashed" a lot. Casey took deep offence & challenged Oxley in person about it - result - a prickly relationship thereafter! Whether right or wrong - or even deserved or not at the time - the past 12 months have "proved some things beyond any reasonable doubt" - haven't they? Oxley (like others too) has had an epiphany as 2011 was definitely his Road to Damascus. Now he is a real CS fan. Good to see.

Benny  - thanks a Million - had never seen that clip - very impressive. Hey, Taff - I was born in Malmesbury & spent time in Chippenham, Corsham & Cheltenham. Close to the border but no cigar, eh? As well, I have spent time in Hereford & many happy? days & nights in the Brecon Beacons. Had a fair bit to do with the Welsh Guards too with them acting as our "enemy". Would you accept I was almost a wee bit Welsh? - but never welshed or welched in my life!

I have posted another "off-topic" one which follows - as this thread is literally "exhausted” anyway and got knocked so far off track in the first place by the ABS crowd - anyone but Stoner - fruit loops, OK?
Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Snappy=Cowboys jersey, shorts and thongs. Too right!

Aquarius, the little twerp actually registered to challenge a comment of mine on this very site a while back, regarding the possible boycott of Japan last year. After I quoted his own comment, he became strangely quiet and oddly enough, I can't recall a comment of mine staying on his site for more than a day since. Funny that.

It's ok though because I often see Wogsndogs comments on there, so I've assumed the words I used simply had too many syllables.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

despicable heinous lies

As I have said wosidog I in many ways admire your steadfastness in your cause, misguided though that cause may be.

I can't see that harking back to things you and others were wrong about in the past  is  a good strategy for prosecuting your case though. Stoner did self evidently crash quite a lot in 2010. He consistently maintained this was due to the front of the bike letting go in a random fashion, while those of your "ilk" attributed it to mental weakness, susceptibility to pressure, being terminally mentally broken by valentino rossi etc.

Unless everything you believe and say about valentino rossi is incorrect, it would now appear that stoner's crashes in 2010 were due to the front end letting go in random fashion, and most including oxley and carlo pernat would now seem to attribute his previous woes to the bike.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

motomutters

I have to say I still consider david emmett to be fairer than most, and genuinely passionate about the sport.

Whether or not some might like to see it, a motogp site with a virulently anti-rossi principal would seem unlikely to be commercially viable.

If I was to disapprove of  anything in him it would be of being too much of an apologist for dorna of late; I personally am not inclined to whitewash them and blame the msma for all ills in the motogp world, or to absolve the FIM either. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Dumb & Dumber... I think you're both of 'em.

Wosi, the MSMA group/team/association etc, which represents the manufacturers as a collective and part of the Grand Prix Commission . Do you think that each manufacturer has no clout on its own? Afterall, according to fknuckles like yourself, Honda run motoGP! While we all know it's a throw away statement from bitter Flo fans, of course the manufacturers have some input into decisions as individual entities.

You seem very tetchy on trying to pick holes in everything I say. Not my fault you can't read and/or comprehend detail, you continually astound me with your fkn dumbness, get with it boy ffs!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

"As detailed by the website motomatters.com, on May 11th and 12th Ducati will be offering the Ducati Desmosedici GP10 MotoGP bike ridden by Casey Stoner in his final year with the factory, and the Desmosedici GP11 on which Valentino Rossi started his Ducati career. The lucky purchasers will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement stating they will not to disclose technical details about the machines, as well as agreeing they will not be ridden." ckckckck....ducati is really going to bancrupt!! trying to sell all the bike to extend rossi's contract???? why they don't sell the 2007 or 2008 bike of stoner/??? sell 2011 bike????? THAT WOULD BE THE DUMBEST PERSON IN THIS WHOLE WORLD TO BUY THAT BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LOVES IT

“People are used to seeing Vale on track, but you know basketball is just as popular now as when Michael Jordon was playing. Maradona was the football star of the '80s, Pele the star of the '60s and the '70s,” he said. "There are always these special superstars. “But all sportsman, unfortunately, we have to retire one day. The sport itself is the only thing that remains.” Lorenzo, who wore a Valentino Rossi t-shirt on the Mugello podium, has not spoken to Rossi directly since his accident, but did call Rossi's team manager Davide Brivio when he was in hospital to check on Rossi's condition. THIS GUY REALLY NUTS. HE REALLY REVERSE ROSSI'S MIND GAME. ACTUALLY HE PLAY ROSSI'S MIND IN 2010. SALUTE!!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

How many times are you going delete/customise your post? I think you're trying a bit to hard.. Haha

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Keep it coming little pup. You're just proving to everyone the sad and lonely little boy you really are, hiding behind your computer screen. Does everyone think you're as much of a joke in your social life(what little of it) as they do on here? How's your father by the way?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices