Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery

A 1m Euro (£830,000) cap on the cost of leasing a MotoGP bike in the future will make it impossible for Ducati to deliver the same high level of technology featured on its existing customer bikes. To ensure MotoGP is more affordable in the future for independent teams like Tech 3, Gresini, LCR and potential new entries, factories could be forced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 March 2012 16:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

GYTR.....

I thought there were plenty of good races last year? Way better than 2010 anyway. Back on point... FFS Birt this story is as old as dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Any real fan knows that it is all Stoner's fault.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Yeah .. Its a shame no one else can keep up.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I reckon just use turbo 600's as a natural progression from the Moto 2. For 15 000 Euro you can make a motor capable of 240+ bhp.

Reply to this Topic
Bruno21

Feb 12

Bruno21 says:

DiscoBiskit:Fuck You my son of a bitch!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

NEXT DIVA PLEASE,

Walk this way please,emm perhap`s a little less effeminately,now can you put on a good show? Excellent,excellent,and what`s the most important thing in life?   That`s correct,money and     what else? Well done,quite right, fame.  And how do you think you can get "said fame"?Um,um  yeah yes,but there`s more to it than just that. You need something else, something less tangible an X factor aka Simon Cowell,Wayne Wooney,blah blah,winning?,no,no that`s not that important. What you need are ,what we like to call" Sun " reader type`s or Big Brother fan`s. That`s right,you know the sort,easily fooled,drinker`s preferably,people with selective memories and slightly below average I.Q`s,That`s right there`s fuc*ing million`s of `em,get them" behind " you and the World can be your oyster.  Good Luck,my boy.     Next please,    oh and you wan`t to be a dancer?  Step this way.............

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

paseycasey

No mate I’m not a product of the Rossi era I have been a racingfan far longer than that. I am aware of the riders you list and although you’re maybe been a bit harsh to call them all boring I accept your point BUT if my memory serves me well there was plenty of ‘interesting’ guys racing amongst it all at the same timeas those who had characters and style which created attention. Also the bikes were a lot more basic and wilder to handle in the days you talk which added to the whole spectacle. Traction control and better tyres may have helped rider safely but they are not entirely to blame for the duller races. Other classes have the similar technology and the races are still exciting. I'm delighted some think the racing in Motogp is great, maybe it is.....

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

paseycasey

Oh and by the way…Yep I’d class myself as a Rossi fan but you will see from my many posts over the years I’ve said (yes actually even when he was winning) that the organisers of Motogp along with the general bike media put all their eggs in one basket with Vale and used him almost alone in their publicity of the sport. We all know the sport was around before Rossi and will continue after but the Motogp brand and PR people just relied on the VR factor and got lazy. They did not build a wide enough fan base years earlier which is what any sport needs.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Well Said Racingfan99

+1

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

racingfan

Well said bud (thumbsup) :)