Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati: Lease price limit means lower spec machinery

A 1m Euro (£830,000) cap on the cost of leasing a MotoGP bike in the future will make it impossible for Ducati to deliver the same high level of technology featured on its existing customer bikes. To ensure MotoGP is more affordable in the future for independent teams like Tech 3, Gresini, LCR and potential new entries, factories could be forced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 March 2012 16:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Cheers guys.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I thought there were plenty of good races last year? Way better than 2010 anyway. Back on point... FFS Birt this story is as old as dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually you're correct Mugello one of the stand out races even though I hate saying because of who won that race but the best race was the season finale even though I felt so sorry for Ben after he got outdragged by Stoner on the straight but at least he beat the other two Repsol riders.  Sachensring wasn't that bad either the top three and the battle for fifth place bit disappointed with that outcome as Spies had the pace to get fourth.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

GYTR?

Whya hatin' on Lorenzo for winning Mugello? At least he was on a Yamaha? Less than a second between him and Dovi, and less than 2 sec back to Stoner! What about yer maun Spies duffing up Super Sic on the last lap after hunting him down from way back? Just watched it a few days ago, it was excellent!

Catalunya 2011 was a real dog compared to 2010 though I will grant you that.

I properly enjoyed the following:

Jerez - Just didn't know what was gonna happen next! Brilliant! Bitch fighting that lasted for months... LOL

Mugello - Classic Mugello mugging.

Sachsenring - Great battle up front and a dust up for 4th and 5th.

Brno - was ok but the race for the win was over when Pedro dropped it?

Motegi - Better than usual, not as good as Rossi vs Lorenzo the year before but interesting nonetheless.

Philip Island - Grid a bit pathetic without Yams but great fight between Dovi and Sic not far behind Stoner. would have possibly been epic with Jorge and Ben in the mix???

Valencia - I stayed interested throughout but didn't prove much because of dreadful conditions. Had a nail biter of a finish!

So all in all not too bad; 7 or 8 good rounds out of the 18. Not a bad season for Diesel Grand Prix.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

WWB its not hating Lorenzo it just he is a team-mate to Spies and when you like a rider you don't want him to see get beat by the rider next door it was good Yamaha won that race good battle between Ben and Simoncelli but I honestly thought he would have had Stoner and Dovi in the closing stages but it didn't happen I've got the 2011 DVD some cool racing on there.

Favourites for me.

Sachensring battles everywhere.

Mugello tell you what that got race of the season.

Motegi good watching Ben come through the field after getting hit again like the previous year could have been a rostrum challenger lap times will tell you that.

Valencia main favourite for me but like I say I am sorry to see Spies getting what Rossi got given to him in 2007 by Stoner.

Jerez crazy race I'd describe that race as "burning rubber".

Misano top three barring them good battle at the back between two Italians and one American thought when Ben tried that outbraking move on Dovi and Simo he was gonna get 4th but came off worst :(

Indy okay race but to my thinking has Spies got a good start he would have given Casey a run for his money only rider who could have matched him.

Phillip Island you know what you get at the front I agree had the two works M1s being there it would have been very interesting.

Lets hope for better on the new 1000s in 2012.

GO SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Woofter!

What are ya doin lookin' in my pants!!! Anyway still a little while before the missus gets home...... the night is young!

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

YamahaGYTR

2011 Moto gp Cool Racing eerrr BEARD!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

what is this a doggin site ?

the topics on here get drawn so wide of the mark its surreal ,and the ducati ?

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Hey Elbows......

....surely Assen must be in your favouites, as you appear to mention it in every other post???

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

....surely Assen must be in your favouites, as you appear to mention it in every other post???

Yes it is in my favourites but its the WSBK race in 2009 that stands out.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Wosi......

YOU HAVE been looking in my pants!!! How dare you......... swine hunt! I am not that kind of ladyboy???    :unsure: :lol:

Anyway, why are you picking on me and Elbowz shouldn't you be focusing your attentions on leading the VR nation against those pesky Stoner rebels?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices