Skip to content

General Another rough deal? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Another rough deal?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tomcat69

Apr 10

tomcat69 says:

Another rough deal?

Please see link below, although I do not agree with drink driving not sure a car driver would have been dealt with so harshly.

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/Drink-drive-biker-rode-like-bat-hell-crash/story-15481507-detail/story.html

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 March 2012 09:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NORTHERNHELLBOY

Feb 10

TOUGH SHIT..

Drink-driving scum..no excuse, no matter what you ride or drive...THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO EXCUSE TO DRINK, THEN TAKE CONTROL OF A VEHICLE.

luckliy, no one else was injured due to his selfish act...19 hours a day locked in his cell should give him enough time to ponder his mistake.:doubt:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I agree.

There is never an excuse for drink drivng. It is a shameful crime.

Reply to this Topic
princessvanvan

Jan 12

Terrible

Theres no excuse for drink driving, he is very lucky he didnt harm anyone that day and i think he got off lightly by the law!!!! someone could off easily got killed! nightmare :mad:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Drink driving is one thing

drink driving and doing a runner from the cops coz your lights broken is another. Blasting through traffic to escape is another. Pulling a stoppie and cartwheeling down the road is yet another. Refusing a breathaliser when you eventually regain consciouness after being twatted by your own bike is just foolish. Doing it all without insurance is guarenteed to hack off the enforcers no end.
Just deserts.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

No sympathy

For anyone who drink drives-i was once forced to drive cavey home after having a pint and shat myself despite the copper who stopped us (him not wearing seatbelt, breathalysed and borderline) reassuring me i was fine to drive....

I was asking the copper to brethalyse me to make sure i was ok to drive and he refused-so unwillingly drove home shaking like a leaf and doing a wonderful impression of a gibbering wreck!

I start my new job on icu in 4 weeks so no doubt i'll see my fair share of dealing with aftermaths... Been caught in a rta caused by a seriously pi**ed up driver when i was 10 and the devastation he managed to drive away from without checking if we were ok appalled all of us! He got off with a 3 month ban for driving without insurance and leaving the scene but if it hadn't hav been for him kindly leaving his numberplate embedded in the side of my dads car he'd hav got off with it-we were very lucky and got away with just the usual whiplash cuts and bruises....

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I'm not convinced it were

a rough deal; if it were a car driver hitting a bike through drink-driving, we'd be calling for their head on a stick.

The rules on drink-driving are quite clear, and administered harshly with good reason - its bloody dangerous.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Drink driving

Drink driving was only one of his offences - the guy got what was coming to him.  As a motorcyclist his behaviour reflects badly on all of us but, no matter what vehcile you get caught in, anyone having in this manner should be thrown to wolves.    

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

and

on what basis is it a rough deal?

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Fair deal TBH

"riding without rear lights"

"having no insurance"

"failing to provide a breath specimen"

"He is sorry and knew what he did was wrong" sounds like a SMIDSY or Sorry Mate I Don't Give A Fuck.

Biker maybe............cnut for sure.

Reply to this Topic
tomcat69

Apr 10

tomcat69 says:

Misunderstanding the post

All I must have worded this post badly I think drunk drivers deserve severe punishment.

The point of the post was would a car driver have been locked up for a similar crime.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices