Skip to content

Discuss This Audi poised to buy Ducati General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Audi poised to buy Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Audi poised to buy Ducati

German car giant Audi has until mid-April to decide if it wants to buy Ducati as part of a exclusivity deal according to insiders. MCN sister title CAR magazine has revealed Audi (which is part of the massive Volkswagen Group) is likely to make the decision quite quickly and its thought the firm will pay just over £700million for the iconic...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 March 2012 10:25)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grumpy ol git

Sep 08

Audi Diavel???

Ohhhhhhhh Dear. and i was so looking forward to the India Royal Enfield Link up. And the subsequent upping of Build Quality. And there again if Audi do Buy, Ducati, Oh Gawd, a Deisel Diavel. Oh joy, Maybe just maybe it wont fall to peices, or need so many Recalls as the Oh so Fragile other one.. Look at that i didn*t mention the War.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

euro regulations

Isn't this all about an EU regulation that demands European car makers products have to deliver a CO2 emissions average per vehicle of 130 gm/km or less?

Reply to this Topic
taglioni

Mar 07

taglioni says:

Ducati Audi

I rather have Ducati with Audi as somewhere in India

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

So?

I`m a Ducati fan, but I can`t see this making any difference at all to the product or the service. If the alternative is to go bust, then its a good thing. Their range of bikes now is second to none. I can only see good in this.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Bottom Line

With the exception of the Piaggio/Vespa/Gilera/Derbi conglomerate, Italian motorcycle manufacturing has been run more like a hobby than a business, so it would not be surprising if Ducati loses money on every motorcycle sold.

People complain about the Japanese not offering every feature on their latest bikes, but they are actually looking out for their shareholders, which means making enough profit to stay in business during down times.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Not sure I agree...

I like both brands but Audi is so much more TESCO than Ducati. yes some of Audi's cars are exotic but a lot are boring barges (or not at all disguised copies of VW/Seat) where as even Ducati's basic Monsters are things of beauty

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THAT DIDN`T TAKE LONG?

As soon as Rossi signed for them,I said they`d be bankrupt within 2 year`s.   How wrong could I get? 8 month`s ,as it goes,oh well,prediction`s are a bit "hit and miss",I guess.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

revnev - Rossi's salary is being picked up by Philip Morris so has nothing to do with general income for Duacti.  and in any case, the Panigale cost a damn sight more than 15 million euros to develop!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WAGE`S AIN`T EVERYTHING

Are they?    NO,I`m talking about the 12 crash damaged repair bill`s,the 5 or 6 different incarnation`s he rode in 2011,the brand new 2012 version`s with there never-ending "update`s".Hopefully, it will one day,be as good as one of the reject`s the privateer`s get to use.We will see.   It`s funny,seeing a fag team,{ cigarette company },watching their money literally going up in smoke.        And hopefully,they will get their money back on the Panigale,do I think they will on their race team? Umm,what d`you reckon?

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I don't care who buys Ducati as long as, they keep producig quality bikes and that they still go racing.  VW own Audi so why not say VW to buy out Ducati instead of Audi ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices