Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

suzuki bandit wont start

Hi all

my suzuki bandit wont start?

this morning i started my bike no problem and got ready to go to work  like everyday but i put it in gear to pull off and it died and now wont start i have  2 guage lights working but not headlights/rear lights or indicators , i can hear the starter relay clicking when i press the kill switch , i have checked all fuses and already had the side stand switch replaced the battery is good and connections are tight . any ideas

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (12 March 2012 11:13)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bandit

Will it bump start?

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

bandit

not tried that. will try after work

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Check

the sidestand cutout switch before you start bumping it, it might be sticking again (unlikely admittedly) and just try swappin the fuses for the light circuit. Somtimes the break isn't plain to see. Otherwise check your earth connections are good. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Amateurcynic

I thought of that but would it explain the rest of his symptoms?  I've not actually had a side-stand switch play up so not sure what other issues it might cause.  

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

bandit

thanks mate :)

it's just so odd that i had it running fine then for it to stop running and lights to stop working soon as i put it in gear . :blink:

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Suzuki GSF 600 Bandit 1998

Hi Goldy1976

Your bike also has a side stand relay as well as a side stand switch,this could be the problem now? even if the side stand switch itself is in good order.Is your bike a lights on all the time or does it have a light switch to turn the lights on and off?

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

it sounds a bit like the main fuse on the starter solenoid mate.. have you checked that one?? also check the wiring in the main loom at the headlights.. the ignition runs through this.. could be a corroded connection there.. they do have a tendency to rub on the headtube and short. let us know wat u find and dont panic.. i dont think it will be anything too serious.

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

Bandit

Kcmc

Hi I have put in a new relay only 3 months ago Allso a side stand switch. Not after market one.
And I can turn the lights on and off, But have them on all the time .

Robsot.
Hi I have changed that fuse and checked all connections, did find a dirty connection so I cleaned that and found a bad earth wire to the rear indicator so sorted that, but still got the same problem .
Will double check the wiring like you said tomorrow.

Many thanks to all for helping me :roll eyes:

Reply to this Topic
goldy1976

Jan 11

goldy1976 says:

bandit

Hi i think i found the problem or at least one off them, i found the neutral switch behind the engine sprocket cover was missing a screw:blink: and i guess from the slight bump taking it out of the garage caused it to move and so the connection was off and so when putting it in gear it would cut out ? !

anyway it starts and at the moment and dont cut out:roll eyes:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

glad u got that sorted mate.. a random one as well that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle