Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN March 14: Triumph Tiger Sport spied! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN March 14: Triumph Tiger Sport spied!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN March 14: Triumph Tiger Sport spied!

In this week's issue of MCN, on sale Wednesday March 14, we have all the news from the first pree-season BSB tests. Title hopefuls Shane Byrne, Tommy Hill and newcomer Noriyuki Haga were all in action amongst many more riders trying to get to grips with the new technical rules for 2012. Also in this week's MCN, Norton are set to reveal...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 March 2012 11:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
magmann

May 06

magmann says:

Spied Again!

Yep. a dedicated photo journalist has spend 3 weeks living rough by road sides to get an exclusive 'spy shot.' Or perhaps just a Triumph press release? Read this quick, its bound to be deleted...Ho! Ho! Ho!

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Has someone upset you MCN?

I see MCN has removed the first two origial comments on these very vare spy shots of yet another new Triumph.

I usually buy MCN every week and if that doesn't entitle me to make a fair comment then MCN can go jump. One less copy sold this week MCN

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

CMC1

Comments were deleted because we do not have to put up with constant negative comments from a minority of website users who seem to have nothing positive to contribute.

Spy shots of new bikes are one of the key news elements of MCN and we strive to find out as much about news bikes, as early as we can because we know MCN readers and website users want to know about them. The fact is we are always going to get more Triumph spy shots because the factory is in Hinckley, not Japan. Add in keen-eyed MCN readers who all have cameras on their phones and we get more of them than anything else.

Fair and constructive comments are always appreciated, constant sniping does not help anyone. I sent you a message the other day which you have yet to respond to.

Please feel free to contact me on my work email at andy.downes@motorcyclenews.com if you want to discuss this further.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
NOTiFY

Aug 02

NOTiFY says:

"constant negative comments from a minority"

@Andy Downes 

Mine was one of the two posts you removed. I take objection to your comment "we do not have to put up with constant negative comments from a minority of website users who seem to have nothing positive to contribute". 

I have been a purchaser and reader of every single issue MCN since June 1976 and now have MCN and on a Direct Debit together with other Bauer Media publications. I feel I have earned the right to 'criticise'. I have posted 8 times on the MCN forum; this was the first ‘negative’ comment. I have also emailed editorial staff on three occasions to highlight errors and typos. The most recent being a reference to Halewood (sic) as in Mike Hailwood MBE, GM, 9 (Moto GP) world championships and 14 TT wins. 

Like the other poster (CMC1) I feel that there has been an increase of readers Spy-shots, particularly of Triumphs. No surprising really as they are the UK's only mass producer of Motorcycles and readers will come across them whilst out and about. It also appears to me that every Spy-shot or reference to a new model is accompanied by photographs of older versions of the same model for sale in MCN classifieds. Week in week out. This was what my post referred to. 

If you're going to start removing what I feel are genuine observations and opinions then I think you should do an article on 80s cold war motorcycles such as the CZ, MZ, Jawa, Ural and Cossack. This will fall in line with the Soviet style censorship you appear to be imposing. Also don't ever forget who pays your wages!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

OOOH!

MCN. I can't top what NOTiFY has said. Why not use our feedback  to your advantage.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Well said

@NOTiFY. As the title says

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Never happy

Some people just can never be happy unless they're complaining.  Not happy because there are too many spy shots.  Not happy because there's nothing new being reported.  Can't win with some people.  Never will.  Probably a result of the rest of their lives being miserable as well.

As for spy shots, I'm glad to see them.  I want to know what coming down the pipeline and how it's shaping up as time goes by.  I don't care where the pics come from or how many.  The more the better.  Gives me something interesting to see each day.

What have the whiners ever contributed?  They say Stoner moans too much?

I don't have access to MCN in print where I live but I say "Keep it up MCN" on the online content.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Really!

@X2Glider. Think you need to take a look at yourself, How can you imply my life is miserable when you need to look at spy shots to give you something interesting to look at each day? This is where this stuff starts to get a bit silly, I am out of here, off to buy X2Glider a proper magazine to generate some proper interest in his life. Razzle OK, or Gay Times?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Well...

I suppose I should complain about the "Bike of the Day" feature, since it would cost me several thousands (Pounds or Dollars) for shipping, customs, handling fees, etc to buy any of the bikes.  Stupid Atlantic Ocean!  : )

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

I like spy shots as much anyone else,it's 'Whats coming next syndrome',my informant told me the guy in charge of the test mule snapped in the SoF in 010 got the sack, because the rules 'are' photgraphed on the bike is OK,unattended bike isn't,if Andy can prove otherwise that my info was wrong thats fine by me,but if true thats a hell of a price to pay with todays unemployment.

MCN has a job to I realise that,but spare a thought for the test guys surely.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices