Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ollydog

Jun 11

ollydog says:

Bennetts, Bennetts, Bennetts

Hi all,

On the 7th March my wife insured a new bike with Bennetts with the start date being the 14th. Unfortunately the certificate did not turn up in the post in time for delivery. My wife asked Bennetts to email the policy to the dealers but the lady at Bennetts did say the server had been down of two weeks and there was a three hour delay in emails due to the backlog. My wife asked if Bennetts could Fax the insurance details to the dealer and they did, guess what? Bennetts sent a screen shot of the policy document. Subsequently the dealer could not tax the vehicle and the day we both took off work to pick up her new bike has now been completely wasted.

Well my wife got on the phone and had a right go and the lady suggetsed that we cancel and take out a policy with an alternative broker who could email the documents.

What sort of firm is this??????

To say my wife is angry and disappointed is an understatement.

NEVER AGAIN Bennetts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 March 2012 17:00)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

I just changed my bike last week

and phoned my insurers (Aviva) - they changed the policy with immediate effect (so I could pick the new bike up), with the documents in the post in due course; had them within four days (and was covered for those four days while I waited).

The dealer can get tax under their insurance (my dealer put 6 months on when I bought it and didn't ask for my insurance details). In fact, if I'm buying from a dealer I expect him to be able to tax it and give me a 12 month MOT.

Provided you've taken out a policy for date x, you are (or should be) covered and will show on the MIB database (even if you haven't {yet} got the papers).

Reply to this Topic
ollydog

Jun 11

ollydog says:

It's a new bike

It's a new bike and the dealer is adamant that he cannot tax it without an insurance certificate for the bike. We knew this when we ordered the bike and the policy was taken out in advance, knowing, because Bennetts told us, that the policy would be with us within three or four days. Strange thing is, within two days of taking out the policy, a Bennetts advertising flyer came through the post.

My wife has, within the last ten minutes, spoken to Bennetts and aparantly loads of people are cancelling their policies. Sound like they are in trouble!!!!

The DVLA will only accept certain documents or formats for taxing new vehicles, not sure the MIB is acceptable.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If you pay tax

by phone (and presumably online too) the DVLA can check in seconds whether the machine is insured (and if applicable, MOT'd) - so if you'd bought a policy, it could have been taxed from the day the policy started (even if you don't physically have the documents in your hand).

I don't think Bennett's are the problem here; I think it's your dealer who doesn't know. As I put above, I bought a 2008 Fazer on the 7th, got the insurance changed over with immediate effect, and the dealer serviced, MOT'd and taxed the bike prior to me collecting it, so that I could ride it home.

Hope that helps.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bennetts

I think part of the issue is that the bike is new - as in brand new.  On the occasions where I have purchased a used bike from a dealer, it was not a problem for the dealer to tax it without any documentation from me or my broker.  I have only ever had three brand new bikes and on each occasion an insurance certificate had to be produced to get the first tax disc. 

It sounds like the service from Bennetts this time round has been very poor.

Reply to this Topic
shaunyboy1

Feb 08

shaunyboy1 says:

:blink:I THINK ITS GOOD BENNETTS ARE OFFERING A SCREEN SHOT AS AN ALTERNATAIVE I WAS ABLE TO TAX MY VEHICLE WITH ONE OF THESE.....:wacko:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices