Skip to content

MOTO-GUZZI New Moto Guzzi California breaks cover CALIFORNIA

You are in... Forums > MOTO-GUZZI > CALIFORNIA > New Moto Guzzi California breaks cover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

New Moto Guzzi California breaks cover

Moto Guzzi’s eagerly-awaited, all-new 1400 California has just been unveiled in Florida, USA. The bike, a heavyweight cruiser which will be the latest in a long line of ‘Calis’ since the original’s introduction in 1971, was unveiled by the CEO of parent group Piaggio, Roberto Colaninno, at a dealer convention in Miami. Also present was the bike’s stylist, Miguel Galluzzi, who also...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 March 2012 09:39)

Post a message in CALIFORNIA

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mick4188

Aug 09

mick4188 says:

Nice

I like it

(just thought I would be different)

Reply to this Topic
InTheRealWorld

Oct 11

Not all bad

I like the spokes on the front wheel.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

"it's not a hawg"

Not being a Harley-Davidson is a big recommendation for those of us who do not wish to be associated with either real or pretend 1% MC culture.

Of course, I still have trouble with the whole cruiser concept, as it does not seem to offer any advantages over a standard.  When the Japanese made cruiser versions of their bikes in the late 1970's to mid 1980's, the standard versions were always more comfortable with better handling.

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

I like it. It's a cruiser, not a svelte super naked (God I HATE that term) Anyway looks like they have been trying to save weight by the look of the mini indicators ;) They said Biaggi was there, is that him on the left of the picture ? I know he's getting on a bit...

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

They've obviously had difficulties getting this through emissions and/or noise regs judging by those monstrous silencers ... reminds me of the exhaust on the final GSX1400, and that was only on one side. Guzzis are usually a blend of elegance and brutality, but these one seems to have lost the elegance. I'd guess it will handle somewhat differently than most cruisers as it looks like a lot of weight is carried quite high. With a tidier exhaust ground clearance should be OK though. I'm not completely sold yet but I think I like it.

Reply to this Topic
Rredrider251

Jan 09

Rredrider251 says:

Size

Either the bike is very low or Italians have suddenly grown in size. With the cylinder heads being recessed in to "tank" it may just be a very low bike.

Reply to this Topic
ianp5uk

Aug 07

ianp5uk says:

Looks great. Not into cruisers but I like the styling of this one.

Reply to this Topic
EK_Biker

Nov 07

EK_Biker says:

Shorter and

thinner aftermarket exhausts and I think that has the potential to be a stunning bike

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

Moto Guzzi make the most beautiful bike on earth (the Griso) so when they make something this fugly I accept that they've done it on purpose. I think I'd rather have seen a larger capacity Bellagio with a sportier front end, but this is clearly aimed at the Thunderbird, or rather at whatever that is aimed at. And if cruiser engines are all about flashing yer jugs, then Guzzi wins every time.

Reply to this Topic
spareman

Feb 04

spareman says:

Oh dear, I hope they have more designs waiting in the wings. I'm afraid that this new California is, like that other ' Elepant -in -the -room, the Triumph Rocket 3 ', a bit of a munter !

I do currently own, and ride, a Moto Guzzi, but I wouldn't give anyone money for that thing in your photo, even if I won a lottery jackpot. Still, it's not aimed at me; I'm not wealthy or an american.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices