Skip to content

APRILIA Aprilia SRV850 first ride: "like something made as a dare" SRV850

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > SRV850 > Aprilia SRV850 first ride: "like something made as a dare"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Aprilia SRV850 first ride: "like something made as a dare"

The new Aprilia SRV850 is the most powerful scooter yet - and nearly £2000 cheaper than BMW's C650 GT. The SRV850 is a restyled and re badged Gilera GP800 with the same chassis and 839cc V-twin engine. Aprilia says there have been 250 tweaks, including to the suspension and engine, resulting in sportier handling and marginally more power - 76bhp compared to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 March 2012 09:51)

Post a message in SRV850

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Should sell twice as many as the Beemer!

I'm sure all of its UK owners will both be delighted by it.

Reply to this Topic
morristhemog

Aug 09

morristhemog says:

@rogerborg

Horses for courses and at least they'll have something a bit different from all the inline fours that have diluted motorcycling.

Reply to this Topic
bikenutter

Dec 10

bikenutter says:

@rogerborg

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

Who would ever have thought we'd see 76 hp scooters?

Reply to this Topic
grample

Mar 12

grample says:

Sorry Aprilia, that’s a no sale.
I actually visited my local dealer to pre-order one but didn’t when I was gob-smacked to find it has no ABS.
It’s 250Kg with 56Kw power, 76Nm torque, and costs £7.8k with lots of expensive plastic and all other maxi scoots have ABS as standard or option.
There are too many bike-blind car drivers to avoid anchors-on stops when they pull out and I want ABS when that happens.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

cant see why anyone would want one of these big scooter i know you could say it about sport bikes adv bike ect but i realy cant see me getting up one day and going i know i realy fancy a big daft moped

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

To be fair, I am maxi-scooter curious

But on the other hand, the DCT version of the Honda NX700S is out next month.  OK, it's 47bhp, but it's twist-and-go, ABS, ~80mpg, with helmet sized storage.  Seems to me to be most of the advantages of a maxi-scooter without the disadvantages, and for about £6K.  It might not fulfil Honda's fantasy of getting car drivers onto bikes, but it may put a nail in the UK maxi scooter coffin.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Horrendous

F*****G HORRIBLE, cant understand why anyone would want to buy something like this??? when you could get a lovely "proper" bike for that kinda money??? aw well each to their own I suppose!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
grample

Mar 12

grample says:

‘Horses for courses’

My current “big daft moped” will cruise all day at 80mph, weave through most traffic in town, and keeps me by-and-large in a dry and bug-free condition irrespective of the weather. And then I park two helmets, or one plus a sizeable bag, under the seat, unplug my dry mobile and satnav, and stroll away with clutch-hand and gear-change ankle completely free of stress.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

£7799?

Right now in the USA, Aprilia is selling the CVT 850 Mana motorcycle for $6000 (£3820 at current exchange rates).  What makes the SRV850 cost over twice as much?

www.apriliausa.com/en-US/News/94552/Aprilia%2bMana%2b850%2bSpring%2bSale.aspx

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle