You are in... Forums > General > General > WeBuyAnyBike.Com

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

woodynewlands

Mar 12

WeBuyAnyBike.Com

Hello!

Im thinking of selling my SV650s (2007) and getting a friends CBR600RR.

Ive heard they are quick to pay, but do they pay right?

I should get at least £2000+ for my machine

Ebays OK, but slow and they skim money off you like nazi's and want money quick.

anybody used WBAB.com?

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 March 2012 09:59)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

I'm guessing

they're affiliated to webuyanycar, in which case they'll provide you with a receipt then pay direct into your account a few days after taking the vehicle.

The only downside to this convenient service is that they pay bottom book prices...

Reply to this Topic
MadKwakaMax

Mar 06

MadKwakaMax says:

if not lower!

really ,REALLY poor prices paid .

Only use as a last resort ,you pay a premium for speed .If your bike is any good ,just put the word around or I think you can do a three or five day auction on ebay?? .You'll lose more in value on WBAB then ebay will take in fee's. Alhtough there's always a first:huh:.

Will your friend not wait a week?

Max

Reply to this Topic
woodynewlands

Mar 12

umm

yeah my friend will wait a few weeks, but I gotta build it back together first lol ....

Just moving and its in bits from being off road are mostly in boxes. (got some incredible ebay steals building it back up! - adjustable race rear sets for £41 wooo)

:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

WeBuyAnyBike

After a few beers a mate and I were curious as to what they would offer for my 1998, VFR800.  At the time the going rate on the private market was about £2,000 and dealers anything up to about £2,500.  WeBuyAnyBike offered £650.

Only use them if you are utterly utterly desperate for instant cash.  I reckon their business model is to take advantage of guys that need a quick sale and are prepared to let their vehciles go for way under market price. 

Reply to this Topic
dave80h

Oct 08

dave80h says:

Steer clear

Like other posts unless you really need the money then do not use! Out of interest I put my 2011 S1000RR through their system. In July 2011 it's RRP was £13000 and they offered me 6 months down the line £6495. They just prey on people who may be in a bit of financial difficulty and shaft them so they can make as big a profit as possible. 

Reply to this Topic
harringtonpw

Feb 04

harringtonpw says:

What's wrong with selling via MCN?

According to our latest survey, 90% of sellers sold their bike with MCN, and 90% of these got the asking price or very close to it. But don't take my word for it - see what recent sellers thought of us.

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Yes I used them

and I was given a good price and quick service by them. The only trouble was I had £4k in the house overnight before I could get to the bank. You must be honest with them and dont tell porkies as they know what to look for. I would recommend them.:smile

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

If they work the same system as westealanycar.con

they will charge you a fee for valuing your bike and then insult you with a pocket change offer - steer clear.

Reply to this Topic
davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

No fee charged

the price I was quoted was the price they paid (in cash).

Reply to this Topic
Mankind

Mar 09

Mankind says:

davemdixon

My understanding was, they quote a figure. If you're happy they charge you a non-refundable fee (presumably in case you're fibbing, and actually selling a load of crap, wasting their time). Then they come and look at the bike, and if they agree they give you what agreed and your fee back.

What I was worried about was, paying a fee, then they say 'this bike is not as described, we'll only pay???'. then if you won't take their new offer, you loose the fee.
This not the case then ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices