Skip to content

Discuss This Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000? Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000?

A “breakthrough for the Japanese motorcycle industry” was one headline when Honda’s stunning six cylinder CBX was first announced in 1977 and the first photographs which appeared in MCN that year certainly left a lasting impression on one West Country teenager. Thirty five years on Paul Pursey now owns seven of the iconic sixes including this, which features an 1170cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 March 2012 13:41)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

The headlight looks a bit too much "out there" for my personnal taste. But the rest of the bike rocks. That engine must be quite entertaining, nice work!

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Agreed, the headlight is poor and currently spoils an otherwise attractive bike - it would look so much better if that headlight were mounted 10-15cm lower and marginally closer to the headstock.  Guess it wouldn't give as much wind protection, or leave enough space for the revcounter etc.  Shame.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nice bike, shame about the hair ;-)

Reply to this Topic
vitesse7749

Nov 08

vitesse7749 says:

Why do they have to mess with it. From the factory it was a work of art.

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

cbx

i adore the cbx it is one my favourite bikes of all time

this owner is a sick man and needs to be locked up or hung drawn and quartered

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

cbx

paul i know where you are coming from i had a moto martin  with a turbo then put twin supers on with nitro

what a bike  i also had a std cbx  wish i had kept them

preunit just coz u cant grow any lol

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

CBX

He would have done better to simply restore it to its former "beautiful" glory, what he's done to it does nothing for me and that headlight is an abomination

Reply to this Topic
arthurbikemad

Aug 07

Sorry but its just all wrong! :(  NASTY! 200bhp and only 165mph, I get that from 125bhp....lol That front end is MEGA UGLY...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ultimate CBX?

Er, no

Reply to this Topic
paulgs9

Dec 11

paulgs9 says:

looks great

I owned a cbx1000 briefly in the 90s - always wanted one - lovely engine although mine cornered like it had a hinge in the middle - like Brutale I wish I'd kept it.

Don't understand all the negative comments though - you have to respect all the work and time that's gone into making such a superb one-off bike - it may not be to everyone's taste but I think it's fabulous

Hats off to you Paul

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices