Skip to content

Discuss This Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000? Custom & modified bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > Custom & modified bikes > Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is this the ultimate Honda CBX1000?

A “breakthrough for the Japanese motorcycle industry” was one headline when Honda’s stunning six cylinder CBX was first announced in 1977 and the first photographs which appeared in MCN that year certainly left a lasting impression on one West Country teenager. Thirty five years on Paul Pursey now owns seven of the iconic sixes including this, which features an 1170cc...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 March 2012 13:41)

Post a message in Custom & modified bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cbxian

Mar 12

cbxian says:

Moto Mental Martin!

I have seen this CBX in the metal, she is an awesome piece of kit. She is both Mechanically exquisite in detail, and Aesthetically beautiful. The extended front end is part of its charm, making it look like a leopard in full charge! The negative comments below are from guys who don't know their arse from their elbow(hehehe!!) ... this is a "Moto Martin CBX", George Martin never intended for them to be a standard Museum Bike (there is not even a standard 'Factory' colour!), they are a 'canvas' for each Owner to create his perfect Motorcycling Creation on. Paul has shown he has one heck of an imagination and Mechanical skill with this beauty! Cheers, IAN CBX Owner and MM Owner-wanna-be! *********************************

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Moto Mental Martin!

Mental - say's it all

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Pointless, just pointless. Spending that sort of money on something that is never going to handle as well as a modern bike or, by the sounds of it, go as fast as a modern bike?

Reply to this Topic
gogig

Mar 12

gogig says:

Moto Martin Turbo

Truly Awesome piece of kit that unlike your modern sports bikes will increase and increase in value not depreciate year on year.

I have seen this bike in the flesh many times and it never fails to impress with the level of detail and attention put into it.

Tremendous work nothing but compliments for it.

Ultimate CBX er Yes! ;-)

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

jollyboy

you completely miss the point.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think a lot of people are missing the point

The title of this article asks a question, any replies given are based on personal opinion. One mans meat is another mans poison etc etc.

The style and concept of this machine are not to my personal taste. That said, its not my bike and I don't have to ride it or look at it. If the owner likes it, then thats all that really matters.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

he should just put the stock headlight back on and it would look great.

Reply to this Topic
exspannerman

Mar 12

exspannerman says:

Paul Pursey's CBX Special

HONDA CBX.

An exercise in motorcycling engineering it briefly led the 70's decade race to see who could build the biggest bike. It was very spectacular but no motorcyclist would ever have 'chosen' to ride one in preference to the exsisting 'superbikes' of 1977 - it was simply, too big, too heavy, it was a dinasour.

Paul Pursey's CBX Special looks fabulous and something to be admired at the 'bike show' !!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

steady2wheels

Go on then, what is the point? It's ugly, heavy, doesn't handle, doesn't go very fast and cost a small fortune. Can't see any point to it at all.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Not sure

May be the ultimate Cbx 1000 but the headlight fairing is the worst fitment ever I know it might house clocks electronics etc but it looks like it has special needs. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices