You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > Advice needed

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Tuonoboy

Mar 12

Tuonoboy says:

Advice needed

I was knocked off my bike just before Xmas. Driver turned right across my path while I was in a bus lane. No indication and obviously without looking. 

The third parties evidence that I wasn't allowed in the bus lane was a picture of the lane taken from google. Date on the picture was June 2008 bus lane trial started sept 2008. Accident December 2011.
They also produced a photocopy of a page from the highway code which shows a bus lane sign. 
They still won't accept I was legally allowed in the bus lane. A photo of the bus lane sign, links to the tfl website showing the bus lane is open to us. But no they still won't accept it. 

The only damage to my bike was a bit of plastic snapped off my front mudgaurd. Bike has been checked out by the dealer and all is well. The third party is wanting to send an assessor round to check my bike. 
I have a new born baby to look after and don't really have the time to be dealing with them. I've been there when they have checked a friends bike out and they are wankers. 
So do I Legally have to let them look at the bike or can I just send them a picture of the mudgaurd?
Any advice would be helpful.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 March 2012 02:27)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Bus Lane Accident

My first thought would be - why isn't your insurance company fighting this for you??  Surely this is their responsibility.

My other thought is that you do not want to loose this claim on the basis that you do not have the time to deal with it.  If you are short on time due to family commitments then appoint someone to pursue the case for you. 

Either way, the local Council should be able to provide you with a written statement as to whether you were entitled to use the bus lane or not.  Obtain that and the insurance company against which you have your claim will not be able to contest it. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices