You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Hunts Motorcycles

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Hunts Motorcycles

I had a panel scratched by a main honda dealer(above) while fitting R&G crash bungs, denied doing it, had no proof, he also left a clip off which the manager didn't look happy about and get me one immediately scratch was tiny and as said no proof so I left it at that despite being pissed off the bike survives 8years prior to buying it and not a scratch and then who scratches it...honda, and then this saturday gone they failed to pick up my bike for assesment after a bus hit it(im having good luck arn't i), then told me they will after 12 and the guy was doing MOT's(do i care?...i arrange a week prior i expect it done also i had to call to find this out) then i get a call 11:30 no new info just asked to call and i thought it was an overlap as i had already called and i was told after 12 so assumed all good, wait 12-2:15pm absolutely nothing not even a call my saturday is just about gone and i need to go shopping so I do(thinking they'll tell me they're on the way) and apparently he turns up while I'm gone(no warning they said they call me 1pm i think, no they didn't no miss calls no messages saying this), i get a call hes there 2:47pm, go back(shop is 10mins walk away half of which is the route he'd have to drive so i though i'd see him), get there he isn't there, phone in and the guy says he waited 30mins, my housemate saw him leave in more like 2mins so the driver either lied to the guy at the dealer or it was the guy at the dealer who lied to me, i've posted this in legal because this all means I may have to re-schedule for next saturday(at work during the week and im a temp i don't want to risk taking time off i could be fired, manager has already said all these last minute things arn't good, despite it all being for being hit by a bus) but that means another week worth of hire cost for company im claiming against, i don't want to be dragged to court and made liable for the dealers mess ups, also this is just a warning, never know who you can rely on can you....i used to use another honda dealer that shut, they always bent over backwards for me, despite me not knowing them personally etc, they stayed open for me once even, such a difference to this dealer!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 March 2012 07:09)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Hunts

other wise known as C*nts

There used to be a fairly elderly chap that worked on the parts counter that really knew his stuff.

If your bike's 8 years old, there is little to gain by going to a main dealer. Saying that, I used to use the Stockport Superbike center for looking after my Daytona.

Reply to this Topic
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

hunts

Yea but I'm not paying and the bike has a FSH, so i'd like to keep it that way i even got the crash bungs done by them(labour costing more than parts) but since a bus hit it i suppose doesn't matter much anymore if its written off but as said since im not paying if it gets fixed, i want that it was a honda that did it in the bikes history for resale

the guy on the parts counter is still there i reckon, because there's a guy i delt with who matches that discription, i was just thinking he's the only good experience i've had there, but ive told insurance company(3rd party's) that's footing the bill basically that if hunts are going to mess about and don't want my business(well a large insurance companies business and they have money), it's easy they can have a guess what i'll do, take the business to another dealer...simple...

but really ater they already missed agreed time and 'said after 12 now' how can they expect me after over 2hours of nothing no calls no driver arriving to do pickup do they expect me to predict that he arrives exactly 2hrs47mins after 12...i have a life i can't sit twiddling my thumbs forever!! (had to go shopping, live alone nobody's gonna do it for me and i need food to survive...)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices