Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

what bike next???? help

Hey all just sold my fjr1300 :upset: due to need cash to pay few things off 

but on plus side have £2500 to spend on a bike problem is I dont know what to go for it needs to be able to take 2 people and reasonable comfortable but fun as well (sports bikes are out the window ) heres my riding history had a fair few bikes 

yamaha sr125
kymco 250venox
yamaha virago750
yamaha fazer 600
kawasaki zzr1100
yamaha thundercat600
kawasaki zrx1100
honda vfr800 fi
yamaha thunderace 1000
honda cbr1100 blackbird
vn1500 classic 
yamaha fazer1000
kawasaki zzr1200
yamaha fjr1300
hyosung gt125 (winter bike)

so had a good few bikes and a decent variety of them so what the hell do I go for now been looking thru mcn bike trader gumtree and I just cant seem to find anything like the looks of the x11 but had bad luck with honda's went and looked at an aprilia futura yesterday but it was a mess and over priced am bit stuck any help appreciated  dont mind anything from a 600cc up 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 March 2012 12:23)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

That's a

fair history of bikes you've had there, but you've not owned a BMW, Harley or Suzuki yet :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Suggestion

I've owned ZZR11's VFR's etc in the past because I wanted to do two up riding but one of the bikes the girlfriend most misses is the TL1000S I used to own. She said it was suprisingly comfortable, loved the sound, we had quite a few memorable trips on it, it was reliable and not bad on fuel. Not advocating that you get a TL as it might be too sports biased but the SV1000 might be worth a look as its a newer less sports baised version. They're also remarkably good value for money.

Reply to this Topic
jbennison

May 04

jbennison says:

SV1k

Fantastically good bike. I used to do a 100 mile daily commute on mine and got 55mpg when ridden steady. When you want to have a bit of fun though the power delivery was amazing. Put a smile on my face and a look of shock on M3, xk etc drivers faces!! Great fun and reasonably comfy. Take a look on the sv portal for more info.

jb

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

thanks so far

nope dave never owned a Harley and never will and getting one for 2500 quid is not going to happen lol 

bmw's in my price range are huge and underpowered always liked the k1200/1300 gt and r but out my range by along way lol

suzuki only make two bikes I like the vstrom1000 and the busa both just slightly out  my price range and busa's to uncomfortable have plates in my wrist and arm so wrist only goes back so far 

spondon tl is a great looking bike but way to lean over for me and I am 6foot 2 so needs to be a decent sized bike so sv's are out the window way to small

sorry if it seems I am blowing your suggestions out the water not doing to be difficult or up my own ar*e and I do appreciate the input

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Hornet 900

massively underrated

Trumpt Sprint ST or RS

Aprilia Falco

Honda Varedero (not sure on price here)

Older Speed triple

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

thanks anichol

was looking at the honda hornet 900 is  one to consider just need to look for a decent one for the money

tryed sitting on  a falco at the easter egg run 2 years ago didnt find it comfortable which is a shame because its a beautiful looking bike 

sprint I did consider but only found red ones close by and it looked to pink for my tastes 

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

If you're looking at naked X11's

why not a GSX1400? or XJR1300? CB1300? ZRX1200?

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

New bike

Can I humbly suggest an FZS1000 Fazer.  Greatly under-rated.  Comfortable, fast, good two-up and handles well.   

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

cheers again

gsx1400 is out my price range

zrx had the 1100 good bike 
xjr never fancied 
and had  afazer 1000 for 2500 only a damaged one about or with high mileage 
am trying to go for bikes I haven't had 
will keep looking see what comes up 

Reply to this Topic