Skip to content

Discuss This Factory Ducati MotoGP livery unveiled MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Factory Ducati MotoGP livery unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Factory Ducati MotoGP livery unveiled

This is the new factory Ducati GP12 1000cc machine that the Bologna factory hopes will catapult nine-times world champion Valentino Rossi back to winning ways in MotoGP in 2012. This year’s new Desmosedici was unveiled in full livery minutes ago by Rossi and team-mate Nicky Hayden during a special launch on the Facebook page of Ducati sponsor TIM. Ducati turned to a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 March 2012 13:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THEY`VE GOT STYLE.

What a shame `eh,don`t suppose we`ll see much of `em.   And B-272 Stoner ain`t going back there ,is he?

Reply to this Topic
agent55

Nov 10

agent55 says:

how odd...

Still the ugliest bikes on the grid... from the sexiest manufacturer no less. How?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

She's a beaut

I see yellow is less a feature which isn't bad, the green looks better. I see a slimming back to more like the 2007 bike too which is good. I particularly like the use of chicken wire on the outrageously sexy exhaust.

From a slightly anoraky perspective, if the mount on the frame where the spar starts to angle downwards is the rear engine mount, which I'm sure it is, then making a 90 degree V puts the front pot aiming skywards, that's quite a reversing from the previous position. The pics on MM are better, sorry Matt, and they all seem to be angled in such a way that the rear pot isn't visible or is hidden by the heat shielding on the newly located fuel cell.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Panigale styling........

................should have been the way forward. 

To me, the face says 'uh?'. It looks like a dumb goldfish. I hope it goes better than it looks. 

4/10..........................must try harder.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

steaming

pile of......................feel sorry for hayden. last factory ride on a piece of turn he aint developed.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Looks a lot nicer than the GP11.1. The design is also vastly improved. Yellow and red do not go together, so thankfully it's just the race number this time.

Im with Moaner, that the tail section, although(like i said) improved from the GP11.1, still looks pretty damn ugly.

All in all, it's a pretty 'friendly' looking bike(a bit like the Yam?)... which i personally think is a bit of a shame. Ducati seems to have lost two of it's well known characteristics:
1. It's fierce looks
2. Raw grunt .. i mean, when have we ever heard of a Ducati struggling to get enough power/acceleration out of the corners?

If the bike performs then fair enough, but looking at the picture now and seeing 'Ducati' on the side of it.. i cant quite rid the thought of 'that's not a real Ducati'. Maybe this is what they needed though, a complete revamp of things to help them be competitive in the long term. Time will tell.

Anyway i'm certainly looking forward to the lap times and race runs the riders put out starting friday.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

50/50

Im 50/50 on this one. I think the paint scheme is mega, its much more delicate than last years and more like a Ducati should be, unashamedly Italian. However.... would it really have upset the apple cart (or Prezzer) to change the shape of the fairing a little... !?? Over the last few years it seems to have gotten more and more rounded, at this rate Im expecting to see the 2015 GP15 come out with dustbin fairings !!! Oh and Jamieg999, tope drawer marks for the anorak comments, its nice to read some technical commentary !! ;) Cheers. I notice they are using carbon fibre swingarms still, are they the only manufacturers using CF for the swingarm, from what I remember Yam and Honda and co still use aluminium???

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I know its black on Rossi's bike but the question will he keep it or go back to his usual Yellow ?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

no need to worry what the back looks like

As not many will see the back of it

Reply to this Topic
gixercarl

Sep 06

gixercarl says:

gp12

make a nice garden shed not sure about a gp bike