Skip to content

APRILIA 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro ridden DORSODURO 1200

You are in... Forums > APRILIA > DORSODURO 1200 > 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro ridden

Aprilia’s revised exotic Dorsoduro 1200 has lost weight, gained some Italian ponies and now has a three-way traction control as standard. If you thought the Supermoto scene was drying up you’d be wrong. Aprilia are seven times world supermoto champions, and the Dorsoduro has been a success story since its launch in 750 format back in 2008. It’s Aprilia’s third best-selling big...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 March 2012 16:37)

Post a message in DORSODURO 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
veggiebikerdude

Mar 06

the stupid tank!

My ideal bike is a big engined supermoto. I used to ride a Tiger 1050 and now have a KTM 640 supermoto. I love the look and the idea of the 1200 Dorsoduro, but will never buy one. Why? Because despite my being nearly 2 metres tall, and despite the bike having a very high seat, the oddly shaped tank means I can't get my legs comfortable; there are two large angular protuberances in the way on either side, just where my knees should be, that make it hideously unpleasant to ride. Sort this out, Aprilia, and you have at least one extra sale.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

@veggiebikerdude

I know what you mean, I removed MV Agusta off my list for this exact reason. The best example of this problem is the B-King. Huge bike, no place for the knees to fit in the tank.

Reply to this Topic
JHB1984

Dec 09

JHB1984 says:

BMW K1300R

did you guys trie this bike ?
the tank(cover) is really nice molded

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

great bike but

Local dealer won't get in a demo and the one i've seen has a seat so tall only someone well over 6ft has a chance of getting their feet down. The 750 is huge fun but just lacks the torque to be use when lazy riding. NO denying the Aprilia is a superb bike but the tanks too small and as said the seats too high.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices