Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda nc700x DCT Semi automatic? Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Honda nc700x DCT Semi automatic?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

londoncalling

Mar 12

Honda nc700x DCT Semi automatic?

So i have my eye on one of these when they come out.I have an A licence but it is restricted to autos.The Honda will have a semi automatic gear box( no clutch lever- just tiptronic gears switches and two auto drives) Honda have told me this is classed as a manual bike.

Aprila Mana GT, semi automatic gear box, tiptronic gears, three auto drives , even has a gear foot pedal.This is classed so you can ride it on an automatic licence.
I have contacted the DVLA who say as long as the bike has a semi automatic mode i can ride this on my full licence which is restricted to automatic bikes.If i were to purchase the bike and the insurance company agrees, if i get stopped by police , who then contact the DVLA who say it is okay for me to be riding the bike, in the case of an accident would they pay out?
Can the dealer actually stop me from buying the bike, anyone know a good bike insurance company who i could discuss this with?
I do not know why the Honda is classed as a manual bike as it is a semi automatic bike( i.e no clutch lever)

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 March 2012 19:10)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
proton

Mar 13

proton says:

DCT

mate im in the same position as you what did you do in the end did you get the DCT or you took your manual test, i want to get the integra as well, let me know the score pls

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices