Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: “We’ve got 18 tests ahead” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: “We’ve got 18 tests ahead”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: “We’ve got 18 tests ahead”

American Colin Edwards reckons each race during the 2012 MotoGP campaign will be like an extension of winter testing as he tries to make the Suter-BMW CRT project a competitive package in the new 1000cc category. The experienced Texan is preparing for his 10th season in the premier class fully aware that he faces a massive task just to get close...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 March 2012 09:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

Is it really.......

10 years since that epic season with Colin Edwards on the SP2 and Troy Bayliss on the Ducati!!!

Where does time go?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Great attitude Colin

Racing is the new testing obviously, what does that make testing? If it's all one long test I can't wait to see what they come up with next year.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME

But until their all on CRT bike`s it will be embarressing,full stop.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Reminiscent of Valentino's 2011 comments

once he realised he didn't have the skill set to tame the Duke in the manner of Stoner.

It will be very interesting to watch the progression of these CRT's / ART's. Certainly the ART's have come on in leaps and bounds in a very short space of time. What will happen when they really get serious about the motor? They've got 12 of them to play with of course. I will temper that in saying that of course those last few tenths of seconds are the most difficult to find.

I'm hoping to hear of some proper engineering along the lines of the ill fated Peter Clifford WCM heavily revised R1 engine. Surely some teams must have some ideas. Playing with WSB spec engines is a bit dull.

There's going to be some ART/CRT tomcats prowling. The question is - who are the pigeons going to be?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I happen to think Colin is correct 18 rounds is a testing session for himself hopefully he does not take a break like Kenny JR did in 2007 when he couldn't get his bike working in the way he wanted.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

18 Tests

What else could the poor guy say.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Much to lose, fk'all to gain.

I'm still confused as to why The Tornado chose to race a CRT. Yeah, 'it's in his blood' etc etc is an obvious response but he's nothing left to prove or gain imo. I hope he finishes the season 'intact' then goes home to his family. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I still think what Yamaha did him to was harsh.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices