You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > removing a clutch cover

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davidsuzki

Apr 11

davidsuzki says:

removing a clutch cover

hi, think i'm missing something really basic im in the middle of removing my clutch cover on my zzr 600 and  it just wont pop off.  all the screws are off but just thinking that i might have to remove something else first?
 any help would be great?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 March 2012 09:57)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki ZZR 600 D 1996

Hi again Dave

See you still don't like saying what year your bike is?good job i know:smile

OK if you have removed the TEN 8mm bolts holding the case on and removed the clutch cable from the clutch actuator arm? then pull the arm back opposite to the way it pulls(left) about 40-45degrees.With a rubber or nylon dead blow hammer or a lump of wood(not a steel hammer)tap the case from top to bottom to loosen the gaskets grip and the steel dowels the case is held in place with(do not wedge a screw drive or any other metal objects in between the two cases as they start to separate)with your fingers waggle the case slightly from side to side while pulling towards yourself (you can use the oil filler cap hole to put one finger in to help with leverage) .Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
davidsuzki

Apr 11

davidsuzki says:

thanks

thanks for your reply just to let you know jobs all done :), the spring wasnt broken or out of place but still replaced it and it done the trick,

yea the bike is just like me very old and still going strong :).

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

ZZR clutch

I see you've done it now, but you need to disconnect the clutch cable, or the cover will not come off, no matter how hard you hit it.

If you break one, a replacement oil sight glass is approx £10 from Kawasaki.

The 2 above sentences are linked but I'm not telling how. Oh no. I'll let you work it out.... :lol:

Ps. Make sure the clutch actuator is correctly aligned before you do everything up.

Reply to this Topic
davidsuzki

Apr 11

davidsuzki says:

:)

O please tell, why would you need the sight glass replace.  ????

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle