Skip to content

Ask an Expert Replacement Touring Seats? Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Replacement Touring Seats?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

DazzleRebel

Jan 12

DazzleRebel says:

Replacement Touring Seats?

Hi folks,

I've been looking around for a replacement seat for my ER6n because after 50 miles on the motorway I begin to lose all feeling in my ass.  I've been looking at Corbin and Bagster seats but does anyone have any experience of them and are they a big enough improvement over the stock seat to justify the cost?

I cover some serious miles on two wheels and I'm looking to make the hours spent on a dull motorway a little more confortable.

Any help is appreciated, cheers.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 March 2012 12:18)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Replacement seats

Corbin - expensive but brilliant kit.  Had one on my Blackbird some years back.   

Reply to this Topic
DazzleRebel

Jan 12

DazzleRebel says:

Cheers Marcus

Did you find it helped on a long motorway run? I've had a search for reviews but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there in the way of objective reviewing.  All I know is they are supposed to be firmer and give better support.

I haven't got the longest legs so I find the standard seat just about right and wouldn't want any height gain especially if they are wider than the standard seat.

Ta.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Seat comfort

I use a sheepskin pad from www.lambland.co.uk I had to attach some elastic myself to make it stay on the seat. The bit of sheep cost £14. The elastic cost a few pence.

A lot cheaper than a new seat.

Alternatively, try www.williamsofwestrunton.co.uk and have your stock seat retrimmed...

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Corbin seats

It wasn't any taller as I recall but it was a different profile.  At first it felt a lot firmer, almost as if it would be uncomfortable on a longer trip, but actually the additional support adds to the long-term comfort. 

Reply to this Topic
DazzleRebel

Jan 12

DazzleRebel says:

Great

Thanks folks, sheepskin thats food for thought?  Might even give that a go first before shelling out on getting the seat recovered.

Though I do like the look of those Corbin seats.

Reply to this Topic
canberra27

Aug 12

canberra27 says:

Bike seat comfort.

Hi there, this is my first post, so don't laugh. I was talking to a old biker who covers lots of miles on his vintage Vellocette ( hope  I've spelt it right). He uses Bubble wrap on his seat. and swears by it. Try that & save a fortune. Regards and enjoy riding. Use the larger bubble type.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices