Skip to content

Ask an Expert DN01 will not go when in drive Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > DN01 will not go when in drive

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Mozzamic

Mar 12

Mozzamic says:

DN01 will not go when in drive

Honda DN01 - I've had an issue where it was flicking from D to N (and back again) by itself and every time I went to take off, it was like I had dropped the clutch - which we all know there isn't one to drop. Anyway, got home, put it in N and then there was no way it was going back into D (or S or gear). I gave up and starting organising towing to the service shop but when I came out in the morning, it started with no issues; like as if it was happy now it had cooled down. I could not reproduce the flicking from D to N, the service shop could not locate anything.
5 days later, riding home, it was like something had seized and the bike came to a holt. I can change it from D to N and back again (or S or gear) - in N the bike will freely push but when it is in any drive gear, it is like the brakes are jammed on and will not move forward. It has now been in the service shop for 2 days and they have no idea what is wrong with it.
Love my bike, it has over 58,000km.
Please - anybody got any ideas or help for this?????

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 March 2012 22:10)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Mozzamic

Mar 12

Mozzamic says:

DN01 will not go when in drive

Have now bben told that they have found some copper in the oil in the gear box

Anybody out there have any clues?

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi

I doubt very much that they have found copper in the oil.

There may be traces of phosphorous bronze in the oil, which would indicate a bush/bearing has worn excessively and with what you are describing I would think that a full gearbox strip is in order.

Not having taken one apart I am not able to make any suggestions as to what will be found.
Keep us informed as to what is found and the cure, don't get any tears on your keyboard when you get the bill. 

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

DN01

That technology is pretty complex, so it needs an expert's eye on it. I hope it turns out to be a warranty claim or you could be wincing at the bill....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices