Skip to content

DUCATI First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

These are the first official images of the new Ducati 1199 Panigale without bodywork. The images show off the cast aluminium airbox frame and highlight just how compact the 1198cc machine is. The 195bhp Panigale takes superbikes to a new level of sophistication with an abundance of electronic aids, including ABS, traction control, customisable riding modes and electronic engine braking. The Ducati 1199...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 March 2012 11:30)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Un-be-bloody-lievable

Whats going on with you so called motorbikers? A new, fantastic bike is brought out and all you can do is whine on about it. I despair of people these days. I have no desire for one of these bikes in the slightest, I`m into older stuff, but its crazy that so called enthusiasts can be so negative. I have an awful suspicion that its no more than jealousy, though I hope I`m wrong.

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Not really jelousy. I love ducatis and i'm sure this will be a stonker, but I just think we're getting close to the natural development limits of these types of bike, as far as road-use goes. And while eeking out an extra bhp here and saving a few grams there are essential for racing and will always trickle down to the general public. The practical differences of each new iteration of bike for the vast majority are very small compared to say 10-20 years back. Of course if youre looking to use it to race that's a different thing, but most won't. So its new, its cool and it'll make your mates jelous, until a few months down the line.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

amazing and desirable, Built for us to enjoy New or used, well done keep up the good work.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

It's good to see new shapes in this new bike, but i'm sure the final evolution of the 851/888/916/996/998/999/1098/1198 engines has a good few years left in it, before everything moves over to Panigale form factor. 

Reply to this Topic
steveingle82

Jun 06

steveingle82 says:

Beautiful!!

Can everyone please just take this for what it is.......an absolutely stunning motorcycle!!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

HATERS

only hate, congrats to Ducati for conceiving and building a stunning motorcycle.

Welcome to the future peeps.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

Jealousy???

@cheekymonkey. Nothing to do with jealousy or motorcycling in general, it's just another poor story. What if you saw this in a car magazine "New Ford Focus". A week later.... "New Ford Focus, With it's Bonnet up and a wing removed" Just boring!!

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

cmc1 and others

Here we are again. A small selection of the 1.4million unique users this website has each month are complaining about stories posted on the site; even when it's genuine scoop news. I'm really unclear as to what some of you keep coming back for.

This website is about bringing new bike news along with all of the other sport, road test and videos we bring for no charge; the first official strip down shots of the new Ducati 1199 Panigale are exactly fitting that brief of news about new bikes. What the small selection of you complaining may find boring is not shared by others.

cmc1 your comparison to a car magazine simply holds no water as this sort of story is exactly what they do ALL THE TIME. They don't do it with cars like the new Ford Focus but the Panigale is not like a Focus is it? Look back at the coverage of the McLaren MP4-12C or the Ferrari 458 in any of the car mags and this is exactly what they do with cars that are such icons.

There is no charge to use the MCN website. There is also no compulsory nature to coming here and then making negative comments.

Regards

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

A Ford Focus?!

MCN are right on this one. We have a new V-Twin from an iconic manufacturer that has dared to stray from the design that was instantly recognisable and successful and bring us something new, and yet we have numpteys on this site moaning about it? with one of them comparing the Panigale to a Ford Focus?!

I don't care for Ducati's 200cc advantage in WSB or their bitchin and moaning when things don't go their way but there's no denying they do build one hell of a superbike. And it sure as hell isn't a Ford Focus.

Reply to this Topic
DukeFirenze

Oct 10

DukeFirenze says:

Well said

Well i for one appreciate the story, i live abroad so decent bike material (in english) is extrememly hard to come by.. MCN upload dozens of pages every week with all the latest news and then shove it on here for free.. what the hell is there to gripe about?? have an opinion definately.. but why not make it a constructive one whether its positive or negative.. instead of slating things with no grounding just as they dont suit your taste, why not ask for something you want more of??  for the very vocal few on here who bitch and moan constantly why not just pipe down and go read something else if you hate it that much... I for one have just spent 5 minutes staring at the pic.. yes im sad.. im also trying to figure out how the hell you get a screwdriver anywhere in that thing.. not quite like the old RGV250 i had 13 years ago!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices