Skip to content

DUCATI First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

These are the first official images of the new Ducati 1199 Panigale without bodywork. The images show off the cast aluminium airbox frame and highlight just how compact the 1198cc machine is. The 195bhp Panigale takes superbikes to a new level of sophistication with an abundance of electronic aids, including ABS, traction control, customisable riding modes and electronic engine braking. The Ducati 1199...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 March 2012 11:30)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Lets Talk Bikes !!!

Whats the the negative talk....we should be enjoying this Ducati spectacle !! :sunglasses:

Look, its a stunning bike, like sports bikes or not. The technology alone and innovative engineering a worth a mention every time. Dont forget this is a relatively small company in Italy with a huge tradition and BIG BALLS for a project like the 1199 Panigale.This bike could have broken them completely (?). I think the pics / updated story is welcome so why not :biggrin:

The world is bad enough, i come here to see constructive points of view not ppl laying into each other.

Lets discuss like rational individuals eh.....

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

Yum

Great pics MCN. I've always admired Ducatis but I've never out and out lusted over one until now. The Panigale is groundbreaking on so many levels it's hard to comprehend. Not a cheap bike but considering the amount of revolutionary technology all over it, it has to be one of the better bargains in the history of motorised transport. Unless it turns out to be very unreliable it's obviously going to be a classic in the 916 mould.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

I forgot to say, the most amazing thing is that it almost looks like a finished bike even without the bodywork. Most bikes are hard to recognise from frame shots like these, but the basic silhouette of the Panigale is already there, which suggests it's an excellent meeting of form and function.

Reply to this Topic
cmc1

May 08

cmc1 says:

OK

OK , in my opinion the stories of late or boring, nothing really grabs my attention. stripping bodywork from a bike it not really news, the engine is there, we know that. I have nothing against MCN but the past 12 months or so the content has been poor. Why not take a look at Moto USA or Cycle World USA they seem to have a bit more about them.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Sure it's very good and all that, but there is a worrying trend. All these electronics are just divorcing the rider from what biking should be about. I mean "customisale riding modes"? If I want to customise my riding mode I change the way I ride, I don't ask a computer for permission. How long before the "rider" is just a passenger? And don't tell me that bikes are following the car world. The average car driver is very different to the average motorcyclist. Hardcore car drivers tend to go for the track day type of car, which are the four wheeled equivalent of superbikes. What's the one thing they tend to remove from those cars? Most of the stupid electronic "driver aids". Quite apart from anything else surely modern technology is capable of detecting from the way you're riding what "mode" it should adopt. Only the other day I was reading about a car with an active suspension system that adjusts itself to the road conditions and the way you are driving, without your having to select a mode.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

@Doomdog

Just a gentle reminder here that, and I`m going from memory so bare with me, Ducati never had any bearing on the rules regarding maximum engine capacity. The difference between the Two and four cylinder bikes was first introduced in Superbike racing firstly in America to enable Harley Davidson to be competitive with the japs....NOT Ducati. These rules were then adopted in WSB as we now know it right from the very start in the mid/late 80`s. Certainly before Ducati were winning.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

cheekymonkey

Ducati lobbied Flammini (or rather threatend to quit WSBK - www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/april/apr9-16/apr1107ducatigoesofficialwithwsbquitthreat/) to be allowed to race a 1200 In return they (Ducati) would reduce the state of tune of the 1200cc V-Twin. But the fact remains Ducati are unwilling to face the inline fours on equal ground. And why is it that Ducati are always allowed to carry more cc over the fours in the superbike class but not the supersport class?

But none of this changes the fact that the Panigale is an incredible bike.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

err like, did any one watch the first superbike race for 2012, WSB race 1,  Checa was being pushed, i thought he will have to make a quick exit of the turn onto the straight to hold off Max on the Aprilia, well Checa ended up in the air trying to stay ahead. Race 2: Max avoids running into the back of a bike and runs wide rejoining in last place and he drives all the way from the back to 2nd place, like a silverdream racer, passing the BMW's 3/4 of the way along the start finish straight like they were going backwards. The head man from BMW WSB is moaning about the Ducati being to fast with 5kg of ballast and it has the slowest top speed, When Max on the RSV4 has obviously been sandbagging upto the point he went off the track and rejoined in race 2. So why are people coming down on Ducati for running an out of date engine configuration that should been lost in time and is obviously inferior to modern ways of thinking for making maximum power using very very high revs,   

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

doomed dog

Laws of physics dictate that big cylinders take slightly longer filling and emptying than smaller cylinders. The larger pistons introduce bigger stresses in conrods/ cranks than smaller cylinders and can also have pumping losses. Large V twin engines however generally produce much greater low down torque than multi cylinder  (ie more than 2 cylinders) engines.

If you limit different configuration engines only on total cc then you'll find that multi cylinder engines are sucking in more air and fuel every second than engines with fewer but larger cylinders. Since power is a function of how much air and fuel you can get through the engine every second you could suggest same size limits for differing engine configurations isn't fair. The size difference allows in line four and V twin engine to effectively suck in the same amount of air each second.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

CMC

It was the norm in bike mags to take photographs of bikes with the bodywork removed. people do like to see whats under the skin and obviously this bike is different with the bodywork removed. Looks really neat, tidy and uncluttered.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle