Skip to content

DUCATI First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked 1199 PANIGALE

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > 1199 PANIGALE > First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

First pictures of Ducati 1199 Panigale naked

These are the first official images of the new Ducati 1199 Panigale without bodywork. The images show off the cast aluminium airbox frame and highlight just how compact the 1198cc machine is. The 195bhp Panigale takes superbikes to a new level of sophistication with an abundance of electronic aids, including ABS, traction control, customisable riding modes and electronic engine braking. The Ducati 1199...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 March 2012 11:30)

Post a message in 1199 PANIGALE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Is it any wonder???

That all the major manufacturers are reluctant to introduce new Bikes when all they get is a good old "slagging off" on websites dedicated to "so called Bikers" Whats wrong with you lot ffs? More bitchin than a bunch of bitches with nothing better to do than Bitch............ Any of you actually own a bike??? if so please tell us ...so we can give our opinion! keep up the good work Ducati and MCN....... Snev 32 years riding and loving every moment.

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

boo hoo

Just because someone rides a bike, doesn't mean that they have to be impressed by every single bike that is produced.  I didn't realise that the purpose of the forum was to post only positive comments relating to articles and motorcycles.  I just feel so terrible for those poor motorcycle manufacturers now, what must they think of me.  I honestly don't think i'll be able to sleep with all the guilt.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

mattiboy

I pitty you, seriously I really do. There are a small bunch of plastic bikers on here that just want to post negative crap about anything that is new just to get their 5 secs of fame. your reply to my post is typical. what exactly is so wrong with the panigale? please post your reply stating why you are so much better than the rest of us experienced bikers, and your present bike. I'm so interested to see why you are so much better than me.

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

smev

I have actually stated that I thought it would be a good bike, but that my issue is that in the last 10-20 years, bike development has progressed to the extent that, what are now touted as massive changes don't equate to a great deal for anyone who isn't actually racing them.  My reply to your post was basically because I don't see why a person needs to be in awe of the panigale to be considered a real biker.  I can't imagine that there are many/any bikes out there that every single biker loves, please feel free to correct me.  To prove both of our points - I have an RC8.  I like it, many don't.  Its not the fastest, has little technology, reliability issues.  But i'm more than happy with that.  Now, whether you like it or not, i'm not going to try to correct your view or question your riding credibility in relation to that view, why would I?  So why do you?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

mattiboy

the name is SNEV... over a 30 year period I have seen massive changes and would agree that not all were for the better but bugger me any new bike at the moment deserves a little bit of praise ..surely? yer BOO HOO comment dont really win you friends either.... KTM would still have made the RC8 regardless of the negative comments... thank god. I own a few bikes including an RSV1000r and NC30, L0 Busa CBR600, GT250 x7 and X1.Would love to own a Ducati, Moto Guzzi, KTM ect ect... Lets all hope they can keep going.

Reply to this Topic
Evogt

Apr 05

Evogt says:

I do love all the features in MCN and its good to get an incite into the nuts and bolts of a bike etc but the Panigale does nothing for me at all. Personally I think its quite ugly (prefer the 888 or 916) and looks a right nightmare to service LOL. I'm not really into gadgets/rider aides etc at all, if you can ride an ill handling 80's superbike then you can ride anything LOL, but hey I'm not from the playstaion generation PMSL.

Reply to this Topic
mattiboy

Oct 05

mattiboy says:

Snev

Apologies for the typo..  As I said, my boohoo comment wasn't about the bike, but was aimed at people presuming that somehow not liking a specific bike renders a person not a biker.  I like ducati (I had a nice go with a 916 sps yesterday), and the fact they do continue to buck the trend with their looks/engines/build type etc.  I just feel that the differences in actual performance between sportsbikes these days are getting so slight, that it's hard to get excited, and that joe-average will not really notice much difference between this 200bhp 200kg sportsbike or that one on the road. 

Reply to this Topic
DESMOHEAD

Aug 03

DESMOHEAD says:

duc

sNev said,

"I had a nice go with a 916 sps yesterday."

Then and now, stll a lovely piece of kit. :-)

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

I love this Bike

but there is no way i could justify $36500 for it. For me bikes are something you play with in the shed as much as you ride ,but how could you work on this unless you are an I T expert. When i got my SP2 it was a poor mans Ducati, now  with 54000 km on the clock it,s a wise man, s ducati. I recently had to get a fuel pump for a hypermotard. $1400 list price. Thank Christ for e bay $180 @ my door from US. How long will the electronic gizmos last on this and god help me should i ever need to replace anything. My riding partner rides a916 sps and she,s a mighty fine ride , even sounds like a real Duke. 

Reply to this Topic
Duradrum

Aug 09

Duradrum says:

Ducati Stuff

For Ducati fans - check out the new forum at www.ducatiforum.co.uk The naked Ducati is also being spoken about on there....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices