Skip to content

Discuss This Video: BMW C600 Sport and C650GT ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: BMW C600 Sport and C650GT ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: BMW C600 Sport and C650GT ridden

BMW's new C650GT and C600 Sport are the first £9.5k step-thrus, and though MCN's first ride proves their general competence, it's difficult to see how they're worth twice as much as BMW's own F650GS adventure bike. The two giant scooters have the same engine and chassis, but the GGT - for Gran Turismo - aims for touring comfort, with a plusher...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 March 2012 15:04)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

BMW's new C650GT and C600 Sport

Who buys this "stuff"?, i really don't get it, am i alone?.............10k FFS!.

Reply to this Topic
Somersetblue

Feb 12

Somersetblue says:

Preunit

You are certainly not alone. Those prices are crazy. For that money you could get a decent proper bike with plenty of weather protection fitted & a few sets of wet weather gear. Still, each to their own I guess!

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

Preunit

£10.5 for a scooter! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha - when the UK market finally dies, sooner rather than later, manufacturers will only have themselves to blame. Wrong products at the wrong time at the wrong price - hold on - have'nt I heard that somewhere before?

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Not designed for UK market

These bikes are available in the UK and they will certainly be bought my a minority. But these bikes were not designed solely for the UK market. I was amazed during my holiday last year in Nice, just how many T-max, Gilera GP800 and other large capacity scoots there were. In warmer European climates these scooters replace the car, lots are used by couples (maybe females see them as less intimidating than a sports bike) and they have the grunt to get up the Alpine roads. I'm sure BMW know that sales will be lower in the UK as an overall % of bike sales than in France, Spain etc. Which is probably reflected in the cost. Lower volume sales always dictate a higher price. Wonder what the price is in France ?

Reply to this Topic
MarkieBoomBoom

Apr 12

I'm a Brit living in Barcelona and have become a complete convert to these larger cc scooters. They make a lot of sence over here unlike in the UK. They will sell like hot cakes in the hotter parts of Europe as they are also seen as a prestigious vehicle to have. But the weight!! How on Earth can a 650cc scooter weigh over 220kg??? That's more than a Kawasaki Z70! To REALLY hit the mark with the type of people they will appeal to, these bad boys need more that 60bhp.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices