Ask an Expert No Number Plate Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > No Number Plate

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mrgaryjenkins

Feb 06

No Number Plate

I have found a bike that I am interested in buying but the private advert photo of the bike has no number plate and the text has no mention of Tax or MOT. I have asked the question and am currently awaiting a reply. What documents do I need to register the bike in the UK and what is the process. Or should these adverts be avioded completely ?:unsure:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 March 2012 14:30)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Does it give an age?

Just a thought, but the number plate may have been omitted so the bike can't be "cloned" (ie, a second indentical bike given a different number, leading to a genuine rider getting speeding fines etc levied on account of the second bike with the same identity).

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

No Plate

Do you know that the bike is not UK registered?  Some guys delete or remove number plates from ads because they do not want to show the registration number.  I would not assume that the bike is unregistered unless the seller has actually stated so.      

Reply to this Topic
mrgaryjenkins

Feb 06

NO Number Plate

Thanks for the input guys, the bike advert does show the year (2007) but no phone number for the seller. Hmmm ~ never bought from Gumtree before and am very Suspicious:mellow:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Have you

a link to the advert?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN