Skip to content

Discuss This New bike tax rates General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New bike tax rates

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New bike tax rates

Motorcycle road tax has increased by as much as 3.7% in the Budget. The rate has risen for all motorcycles except those up to 150cc. A year’s tax for bikes over 600cc will cost £76 instead of £74. Machines from 151cc to 400cc will be £36 a year, up from £35. Riders of bikes from 401cc to 600cc will see...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 March 2012 16:48)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

why hasn't my pay gone up?... At this rate we're all going to be working and that will be all we will be doing, work pay tax and sleep, rinse and repeat

Reply to this Topic
seniorspanner

Jan 09

MAG Indifference

What an incredible reaction, or should that be non-reaction , from MAG. A Mercedes Estate costs less to tax than my little Yamaha 250 and they call it " a shame"???  Perhaps there should be a little less emphasis on  hand-wringing about the French having to wear a tiny yellow patch, and a little more emphasis on what is ACTUALLY happening in this country. Yes, I am a MAG member, but not for much longer if you carry on like this!

Reply to this Topic
gsxr1969

Apr 04

gsxr1969 says:

Uses less fuel ????

What the blazes is Nick Brown on about. I have a Fiat 500 Diesel. It honestly averages 73 mpg and produces 104g/km Co2. My 2011 R1 averages 40mpg and produces 164 g/km Co2 which is the same as my wife's 2.2 litre Honda diesel car - which averages 46 mpg. I love bikes more than anything and have ridden for 27 years. I'll defend bikes forever for congestion, parking, fun etc, but you can't defend MOST bikes on fuel economy and Co2 against modern cars.

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

You must be joking GSXR1969

Whilst I agree with your argument, I too drive a 500 Diesel - Are you seriously fooled by the Fiat marketeers ? I do well to average 55mpg, nowhere near the mid 70's that Fiat ( and yourself) suggest. And as a member of Fuelly and Fiat 500 Forum, I know of no-one anywhere near your claimed consumption. Are you a Fiat salesman by any chance. BTW on a nice run, my 1200GS will almost match my 500s consumption and my Speed Trip ain't too far behind

Reply to this Topic
Somersetblue

Feb 12

Somersetblue says:

steady2wheels pay

Why should your pay go up? What have you done to deserve a pay rise? If you deserve a pay rise go & ask your boss. If he/she says no then you have 2 options and you know what they are!

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

even better mpg

Me, Ive got a fiat spondulik, it does 120 mpg and produces custard from its exhaust. beat that.

Reply to this Topic
fivebyfive

Aug 06

fivebyfive says:

Daft, I call it!

My Ford C-max, 12,000 miles a year - zero VED in its first years and £30 in second and subsequent years. My VFR1200, 5,000 miles a year, just paid £74 VED for a year. Where's the logic in that?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

somersetblue

what have i done for my taxes to keep going up?

Reply to this Topic
dc6909

Oct 11

dc6909 says:

WHAT A SUPRISE !!!!!!!

WHAT A SUPRISE !!!!!!!

Yet again more tax to own and use a motorcycle.

We get taxed on our earnings then we pay tax when we purchase a new motorcycle then we pay road tax and also get taxed a sky high percentage on all fuel used in the motorcycle plus the VAT on all consumables used.

Maybe stating the obvious but when as the govenment claim to be trying to get the country out of a recession how was this ever going to help the motorcycle industry???

Reply to this Topic
danwells999

Jul 07

danwells999 says:

"...Full ecological contribution..."

My bike's mpg is terrible and I bimbled about for 200 miles today for no tangible reason other than it was fun. Hardly ecological! £2 tax rise Is not even worth moaning about!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices