Skip to content

General cost per unit.... Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > cost per unit....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

cost per unit....

just checked the units on the Stella thinking that it may go up in cost considerably under the new 'piss head' ruling....but at 2.2 units per can and 4 cans for the usual £4.50 it's actually slightly over priced...( £7.00 for 8 at Lidl)) so I can carry on using it for a 'pick me up' in the mornings without having to worry about it going beyond my price range (just yet)....Any Strong cider drinkers out there who are going to be in for a shock?:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 March 2012 21:52)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Hmm.

The government seem to be on yet another fishing trip to see what public opinion is before introducing new legislation. Maybe firstly ALL pubs in the houses of common/ law should loose there subsidies and charge comparable rates to other pubs around that part of london.

The government are touting it as a way to help pubs but supermarket beer will still be cheaper than pub beer. People will still buy the cheaper supermarket stuff but then have less money for going to the pub later. Result is that even more pubs will now die as a result of this poorly thought through legislation.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

oldish

the stella from said conveinience store is generally not brewed in belgium it is brewed in the uk and is poor in comparisson to the 500ml cans which are imported from belgium ......go to the local corner shop and buy one can of stella then do the taste test with the stuff you buy from aldi/supermarket not the same brew mate .....buy the imported stuff more expensive but tastes nicer and is stronger o.t.g.:biggrin: 

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Taste test.

Products will react with their packaging, so there's the question of glass bottles vs metal cans to consider.

Glass for me.

Reply to this Topic
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

dropping percentages

the brewers are already dropping percentages below 5% as they pay less tax. this wont solve the binge drinking culture and probably wont affect a 4pk of beer but will hit 2 for 20 special offers at christmas.
Like Sponde said this smacks of a fishing trip like the benefit cap, if people like it they introduce it, if its slated ditch the idea
Still a stupid idea

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Don't start oldish on bottle V cans!

He has strong views on the subject :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

bring back

the 'Booze Cruise' !!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

I think stealth

has the answer.....

Reply to this Topic
Mannakin

Sep 10

Mannakin says:

Lead?!

I don't believe lead has been used to seal cans for a very long time!

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

2.2 Units?

Must've been old cans, that's when the strength was 5.2% It went down to 5% a few months ago. Just checked the last lot I bought...

4.8%!!! I'm starting to think there's a gov't conspiracy here coupled with an exercise in profiteering:mad:

Stuff measuring units, check strength versus price per litre to get value for money (you'll bloody struggle, it's been slowly & stealthily been creeping up!)

Remember Twatco wanting the govt to put minimum pricing on alcohol 'cos it was sooo concerned for our health (their profits more like!!)? Well they've already upped the price for all booze anyway (as have all the "supermarkets"), now the gov't are threatening to do it, the beer makers are watering their product down = more profit for them & us spending a lot more:mad:

Still, it's for our own good you know... Hi Viz jacket anyone?:blink:

Better get some more homebrew going, Hic!:biggrin:   

Reply to this Topic
jimjambutty

Mar 12

jimjambutty says:

The Gov love Addicts!!!

Dont worry boozers smokers doggers gamblers eaters and every other fucker. So long as you WANT it..the government will make sure you can have it!!! They can and will put up the price. But fuck em, simply dodge your tax, vat whatever to make up for it.
Its a silly game almost. The government WANT you to drink and smoke loads. Trust me, as they say. Wanna take a pop at the government......leave the country. Or, stop buying these nasty evil goods. Make out hospitals empty!!! Drink water and eat bean curd. Live outdoors, pay no council tax, and masterbate!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices